cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move bad customer service

Bexmus23

House move bad customer service

I moved house on the 20th of October and called Plusnet to advise two weeks earlier they arranged an engineer to come but on the day I was due to move I made over 3 calls to explain we were actually moving on the day and won’t be at the new property until the day after, they confirmed that they had changed the day to the day after. Also BT contacted me and I told them not to send the engineer until the day after as explained again we would be in transit and won’t be at the property. Guess what they sent the engineer out and surprise, surprise we weren’t at the property as well had told 4 different people at this point.
To cut a long story short after 10 more calls to plusnet over 6 hours of waiting on hold and broken promises we still as off 8/11 we don’t have working broadband or phone line. I was email yesterday and told an engineer did need to come out and we would now be connected on the 18/11.
I have been through an emotional roller coaster, I am not one for crying by through shear frustration I have done nothing but. I am living in Ireland and all my family and friends still live in England so I haven’t seen them in person since last Christmas due to Covid. The broadband is my lifeline at the moment. My phone is using all my data up and will probably be out by the end of the day. I can’t wait another two weeks to get connected, any ideas before I have a complete breakdown?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: House move bad customer service

Nobody seems to have picked this up as yet so I suggest you phone Plusnet again. I know it's hard to get through but in my experience these guys are doing their best, often working from home, and it's not always PN's fault.

Plusnet can only arrange the engineer visits, which are the job of Openreach (BT subsidiary which deals with the network). Their engineers are sometimes delayed particularly after gales, flooding etc which may affect large areas. My last experience was changing from ADSL to fibre, when there was no break in service but the changeover was delayed for 12 days because the engineers had other commitments perhaps to people like yourself without service at all. They also have Covid to contend with.

Bexmus23

I have made 17 phone call taking 71/2 hours in total. I think someone could of sorted it out by now.Its made a stressful situation worse as we had to move due to a condemned boiler which flooded the house. I don’t even think an Engineer needs to come out as the phone has been ringing and we originally had broadband until they cancelled it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Bexmus23 

I'm really sorry to see the experience you've had. Based on what you've said and I can see from reading the engineer notes on the order that failed due to an issue with the supplier systems I've escalated this with our suppliers to investigate further, requesting the new order's expedited to complete asap. 

I'll provide an update as soon as I know more which will likely be tomorrow

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet