cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

shedward92

House Move

I contacted plusnet to move my broadband service to my new address. I was told that this would take place on the 13/8/21 this then became the 19/8/21 - had I known this initially I would have probably looked into going with another supplier, as I work from home and depend on an internet connection to do so.

An engineer is allegedly arriving at my home tomorrow morning - will my internet be active after this? Your messages are utterly unintelligible - I also seem to have been billed for august despite not having access to the internet for the vast majority of the month. Aside from the last couple of weeks I’ve had 4 years of good service. What’s going on? When will I be able to use the broadband in paying for?
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: House Move

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

was told that this would take place on the 13/8/21 this then became the 19/8/21 - had I known this initially I would have probably looked into going with another supplier,

The delay was very likely due to availability of Openreach engineers in the area. All suppliers, with the exception of Virgin media, have to use Openreach to provide the physical connection, and would be subject to the same availability issues.

I'm sure a Plusnet staffer will be along shortly to explain and answer your other questions

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@MisterW wrote:

All suppliers, with the exception of Virgin media, have to use Openreach to provide the physical connection

Not all suppliers. 😀 Apart from the already mentioned Virgin Media, the many Altnets also don't use Openreach. For instance, when FTTP was installed in my area, there wasn't any Openreach personnel (or any of their contractors) in sight.

But, yes, when it comes to OR supplied broadband, they do tend to need OR around, whoever you go with.  

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @shedward92

Thanks a lot for reaching out, few things to point out here:

• The House Move was initiated on 02/08/2021 with a "move date" of 07/08/2021. We'd have never been able to either take over a working line, or have a new line installation complete in 5 days.
  • As per the email sent to you on 04/08/2021, it states that we have REQUESTED an engineer appointment on 13/08/2021, it was never confirmed.
  • Our automated system couldn't place the orders as soon as the HM was initiated. This is because there was a discrepancy in the line status when the HM was initiated. for whatever reason, it was processed as a "working line takeover" even though there were no lines registered at the property. We then intervened manually and place the orders on the 4th.
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds