cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move - Terrible

brettyj

House Move - Terrible

Hi,

I've moved house. I let Plusnet know about this impending move as soon as everything was confirmed with my landlord, 4 weeks before the move. Despite this, and despite setting an install date for Friday, I was informed on Friday afternoon that Openreach won't be attending, but would come on Saturday morning. Saturday morning I rang to check they were attending as I was 20 miles away picking up furniture, and I didn't want to make an unnecessary trip and hang around the property for two hours. After at first being informed that they are still coming, the representative rang Openreach who informed him they had no staff, so it'll be Monday. So now it's Monday, and guess what? It's been delayed for tomorrow - and that's just to do the external work, who knows when I'll actually be connected?!

All I've gotten from Plusnet are half arsed apologies. I rang EE to discuss mobile broadband as a stop gap, and they gave me 8GB of data for free as a good will gesture because of my situation, despite it being nothing to do with them. That's what you call good customer service.. what have I been offered from Plusnet? Sod all.

I appreciate the issue is with Openreach, but Plusnet just seem to shrug their shoulders when there's an issue with Openreach - I'm sorry, you need to do more than that - and you're both owned by BT group, maybe that's why Plusnet don't like to namecheck Openreach and always refer to them as "our suppliers"? To avoid sullying the Openreach brand more?

I used to have nothing bad to say about Plusnet, but after this experience I wouldn't recommend them. I've only gotten new information when I've chased for it, I should be being constantly updated.

10 REPLIES 10
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: House Move - Terrible

Hi @brettyj - thank you contacting us on the forums.

Sorry to hear your House Move has not gone to plan. If you could drop me a PM with your username then I will get this looked at for you and let you know what I find out.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Further to my previous reply Brett.

I've had a look over the order and it does seems that our suppliers are updating the systems with some important detail which will be used when they assign the engineer out to do the final installation. Rest assured, they will be pushed to provide you with what we call an escalated appointment date when it comes to the time we can re-appoint the engineering task for your new line. I would like to think that Openreach will be asked to provide such a date when we speak with them again on Wednesday; surely this cannot be too far away.

Any time without phone and broadband services whilst the House Move is underway; will be refunded once everything has been completed.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
asdf1234

Just joing Community - how do I start a query or whatever?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @asdf1234,

Welcome to our community forums.

If you are wanting to start a query then you just have to find the specific group from the forums that relates to your query and then start a topic in that group.

Is there anything that I can assist you with today?

brettyj

Unfortunately it's not really good enough when Plusnet had 4 weeks notice of my move. If external work needed completing why didn't Plusnet book it with Openreach to happen before my house move? I'm left with no internet, having to tether my main PC to EE 4G, and the external work hasn't even been completed yet. At this rate it'll be another week or two without the internet.

And I should hope I wouldn't have to pay for non-existent service! However I thought Plusnet were all about customer service and so far the only good customer service I've had is from EE, who's not even my ISP, who have taken pity of my Openreach woes and given me free data to use in the meantime. No good will gestures from Plusnet however, despite Plusnet being my ISP for several years.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back in touch Brett.

With external work, this is not apparent when we submit a phone order to Openreach. As they progress the order through planning work, that's when it happens and we have no input on these decisions. Openreach, our supplier, makes this call and we are bound by what they deem necessary to ultimately provide your service.

What I am prepared to do Brett, is issue some kind of refund back to your account which could be used for extra internet data if needed. Alternatively, it can be used for a dongle interim solution. I am able authorise up to £25.00 in this case. Please PM me if you wish to accept this offer.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Brett,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I've authorised the £25.00 refund as agreed.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
brettyj

Hi Mark,

It was good to speak to you earlier.

Unfortunately I have to update this thread with yet more bad news. Openreach haven't turned up (again). Seriously Openreach are a omnishambles of a company and the quicker they are separated into their own company the better. I can't even complain to Openreach directly due to this convoluted man in the middle system that we have to deal with.

Complete joke.

So not only am I still without internet, which I require for my work, but I'm also without internet over the Christmas period, stopping me from Skyping with friends, watching on demand television and playing games, when I actually have time to kill doing this stuff (usually I can never find the time). Not to mention the money I'm losing paying out for online services that I can't use.

Fuming isn't the word, I'm far more angry than that!

brettyj

Just to update this thread. It seems my expedited orders are being constantly rejected by Openreach's internal system, no-one knows why it's doing this and the only way to fix it is to start a new order. So great (!) 2 Missed (they are definitely coming) appointments, and 3 weeks late so far.

Thanks for the lovely Christmas present Openreach and Plusnet. It's not as if I need my internet connection for my job or anything.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I believe I spoke with your partner over Facebook last night.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to add much value at the moment, however I do hope your issue is resolved soon. I am aware that my colleague Paul has set up a personal correspondence with you to monitor.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet