Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Setup Issues

FIXED
RWadher_20
Grafter
Fixes: 1

House Move Setup Issues

I have experienced a number of problems regarding my recent house move that I'd like to be looked at and share within the forum as I have been a loyal customer of PN, but not without many similar issues along the line.

The notification of the date of house move was all agreed 3 weeks prior to the move to allow for enough time. However, somewhere along the line of communication, I was not made aware that my house move order had been cancelled due to the previous owners ceasing their broadband for the same day. 

When the move day arrived, (26th June) I assumed that all was well and went to setup up the existing router I had and was disappointed to find connection problems straight away. After calls with various departments, it was decided that I speak to the Orders team where I found out the breakdown in communication resulting in my lack of connection due to there being no active order on my account! The reason was put down to the coronavirus restrictions which is completely understandable but not a worthy excuse to not notify me that my order had been cancelled, especially during a stressful time moving homes.

Having noted my frustration and lodging an official complaint, I am now again waiting to be connected to broadband for the second time with PN for a period of potentially 10+ working days!

Is anyone able to look into this for me as this is proving highly frustrating?

14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: House Move Setup Issues

I was not made aware that my house move order had been cancelled due to the previous owners ceasing their broadband for the same day. 

This situation is largely down to the stupidity of BT Openreach's system. It only allows one order on a line at any one time. So initially I guess that Plusnet placed an order to transfer the line. At some point later, the original ISP placed the case order, and since they 'owned' the line that order trumped yours and so cancelled it. It's stupid isn't it!, theres already an order to takeover the line, so why on earth cant BTs system just let that progress. The situation is compounded by the fact that Plusnets automated  system isn't good at picking up the cancellation, but in reality there was nothing that they could have done anyway, until the cease order had completed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone @RWadher_20 

I'm sorry for the delay with getting your services up and running at your new address. As discussed I've placed an order to restart the stopped phone line which should activate tomorrow. 

Once that's active I'll place another order to provide broadband on the line and all being well this should take 5 working days. It may be delayed though depending on engineer availability but I'll let you know if that's the case.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RWadher_20
Grafter

Thanks @MisterW for the technical insight! It seems an odd system no doubt and something that could potentially happen to someone else in the future?

Credit where its due, PN have now contacted me immediately to try and put this right as soon as possible.

RWadher_20
Grafter

Thanks for speaking to me @Gandalf and confirming the next steps. Fingers crossed this all happens smoothly.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @RWadher_20 aye fingers crossed all goes well and quickly from this point on

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RWadher_20
Grafter

Just seen that you have replied confirming the phone line is now activated and have also received a text to also confirm which is great news.

Hopefully the fibre order goes through as smoothly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed, I'm monitoring this and I'll place the fibre order as soon as we can

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RWadher_20
Grafter

So today is hopefully the day I get my fibre broadband line activated, I will be monitoring this issue today; Will I receive some confirmation by text or email that it has activated?

I have had delays in the past relating to previous activation's so I'm really hoping I have no more delays otherwise I will be considering cancelling my account because the service I have received has not been up to a standard I'd expect.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @RWadher_20

From what I can see the orders completed now so if you connect your router up you should be able to get online

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RWadher_20
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler thanks for your message, I'm currently at work at the moment but will check up on the connection this evening and reply. The router is currently connected so in theory when I get back I should see a stable blue light?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @RWadher_20

That's correct. If not you may need to reboot your router in the first instance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RWadher_20
Grafter

Can confirm the broadband is now up and running successful after a reboot. Thanks @MatthewWheeler for your help. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fantastic glad to hear it!

@Gandalf will pick up the other bits on your ticket tomorrow when he's back in the office

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team