cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Order

zedx1981
Hooked

House Move Order

Hi, hoping someone can help as I seem to be getting nowhere with either ringing support or replying to questions on my account.

2 weeks ago I informed Plusnet of a house move. On Friday 16th I rang Plusnet for an update however they could not find any information on an activation date. They'll put it through as a priority and confirm an activation date in 48 hours, is what I was told. Today, I'm still none the wiser on when my broadband will be activated.

Can anyone help?!?! I run a business from home, I've had to buy a data sim and hotspot device, however it's slow and unreliable. I need broadband and as it's 2 weeks after I informed Plusnet, I was under the impression it should be any day. The house we've moved into is established, the previous owners had fibre via a BT supplier so surely it's a straight forward process?Huh

16 REPLIES 16
zedx1981
Hooked

Re: House Move Order

Got through to someone helpful, said that on 2 instances the provider came back with a cancellation so he's going to ring and find out what's happening as the line is dead, even though the provider seems to think it's live! Annoying thing is, no-one from Plusnet Home Move team has bothered to chase this or ring me with an update. So from 5th August until 16th, no-one bothered to do anything about it till I called. Then today, despite Pluset getting a cancellation again, no-one did anything until called. Only now is someone doing something about it.

Extremely poor service, how can it be this difficult just to move house!!!!!!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @zedx1981,

I'm really sorry that's the experience you've had. I've had a look at the ticket and the agent you've spoken to does look like they've actioned something, but as you've stated waiting from the 5th to the 16th isn't acceptable. We'll now pick this up for you until we've got you up and running, we currently need to speak to Openreach but unfortunately this late they're not available. I've popped this to be picked up first thing by our early shift and we'll be back in touch once we have an update for you. 

Again please accept our apologies. 

zedx1981
Hooked

Thank you for your reply Joe, hopefully your team can get to the bottom of this and resolve quickly.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your patience @zed1981

I've replaced the orders this morning and we're just waiting for the orders to commit.

As soon as we know more we'll update you further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zedx1981
Hooked

Thank you Matthew, hopefully Openreach will come back quick and give a date in the very near future, not weeks away!

zedx1981
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

Just received an email and text message saying "an engineer is due to activate my services on , . "

There is no date within the email though, so I'm still none the wiser Cheesy

Not having much luck!!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@zedx1981,

Ignore that email. It's automated but we're getting everything expedited, which automation can't understand. We should have the completion date at some point tomorrow for you, but it's better to give no date than give a date 2 weeks in the future as that causes further complaints. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@zedx1981,

Just to confirm everything will be live tomorrow in the PM, I'm in until 10pm so I'll let you know as soon as we get confirmation. 

zedx1981
Hooked

Wow, amazing, thank you so much for your help, glad I came on here to moan now!!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@zedx1981,

I've just checked this before leaving and the orders still haven't closed down. The expedite team aren't in this late so I've asked @MatthewWheeler to pick it up when he's in at 7:30.

EDIT: It's late and I tagged the wrong Matt, apologies. 

zedx1981
Hooked

Hi @JOLO @MatthewWheeler 

Does anyone have an update please? I tried turning the router on this morning first thing and still no internet.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @zedx1981,

Thanks for getting in touch. 6460EF8FR

I appreciate your query and apologise for any delays in your provisioning.

I have spoken to our suppliers just now and have responded here.

I hope this is of help, do get back to me if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

zedx1981
Hooked

This is getting absolutely ridiculous now! Sat waiting for Openreach to come today as planned, then get a call telling me they aren't coming till the 5th September now?!??! What is going on!!!!! That'll be over a month from informing Plusnet that I'm moving, a month of paying out for a 4G Hotspot device which is slow and unreliable. I don't understand why it's so difficult?!?!? The previous owners had BT broadband, there service terminated on the 8th August. There is a box on the wall that says Openreach, so why can't someone just turn the damn line on!?!

Appreciate some of the issues are Openreaches doing, however some are Plusnets as well, with Plusnet not doing anything for over 2 week from when I initially informed them.

Someone sort this shambles out.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @zedx1981,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I sincerely apologise for the delay of your provisioning and appreciate the frustration this is causing you.

I've contacted our suppliers Openreach today about your order and have responded here.

If you have any further issues please come back to us.

Thanks - LF