cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Delayed Service Cut Off At Current House

FIXED
mattycannon

House Move Delayed Service Cut Off At Current House

I was scheduled to move house today but there has been a delay.  My service has already been cut off and after ringing the customer service team I have been told it will take 10-12 days to reconnect my service!

I could have moved by this date meaning I am going to be without broadband for at least a week.

Surely if the service can be cut off in a day then it can be reactivated as fast also?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: House Move Delayed Service Cut Off At Current House

@mattycannon 

Disconnecting or reconnecting your service probably takes minutes, not a day. What takes the time is for Plusnet to book an Openreach technician to do the work and the time taken by Openreach to schedule said technician and fit it in to busy schedules.

Can't you use mobile dta?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mattycannon

@Baldrick1 I reported it as soon as I found out the move wouldn't be going ahead, which admittedly was very short notice, I called as I was advised to do.

I can use mobile data for certain devices but my partner works from home in the evenings and weekends and requires WIFI for her laptop. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Matty, I'm sorry to see you've been disconnected before moving out. Frustrating I agree, ceasing a service can take minutes and reactivating one generally days, due to the way orders progress in the supplier automated systems. 

I've placed an order to reactivate your phone line, which should with any luck go live today and once the order's completed, I'll put through another order to reinstate your fibre service, that again if you're lucky enough twice in a row, you'll get your broadband back within hours of the order being placed.

I've also checked the order at your new address and while I can see you've asked us to delay this to the 14th, the order had actually recommitted in the supplier systems for the 23rd instead, which has effectively pushed the activation date back by 10 days. I suspect this may have been due to a lack of engineer availability on the 14th.

I'm actually a bit unsure why the supplier systems had delayed this by so long. If you can leave this with me, I'll contact with our suppliers helpdesk and try to get the order brought back forward to as close to the 14th as possible. 

I'll provide an update as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattycannon

Hi Anoush,
Thank you very much for your help, it really is greatly appreciated.
In all honesty from what I’ve heard, or more accurately haven’t heard(!), regards of the move it may need to be pushed back further than the 14th. As soon as I know anymore I will update yourselves first.

Many thanks again for your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Matty,

Thanks for getting back to me. No problem, I'll leave the order for the 23rd in that case as I don't want us to play around with the order more than necessary, as too many amendments can generally cause system issues. No problem though if you need to push it back, I'll find a way to make it happen.

Also, I can confirm your phone line's now active at your existing address and I've replaced your fibre order. As the line is what's called "left in jumpers" this means all the fibre kit at the cabinet (the green box in the road) is still live, so you should hopefully be able to get online within the next few hours.

I'll check back tomorrow on the progress in the hope that goes to plan. I've moved the support ticket ref 215614051 Here into my workflow, so let me know of any changes or developments by replying to that. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still