cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone - order cancelled

grapedrops

Home phone - order cancelled

I ordered broadband switch and received an email today (7/1/2020) saying that my Home Phone order had been cancelled. I have not cancelled this. And the activation date is supposed to be 17th Jan.

The email doesn't explain why, it just says:

Dear Ms ooo,

Account username: [Removed]

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

Should you wish to sign up for our Home Phone service in the future, you can do so though our website -
https://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html

Want more information?
----------------------
Our support site has lots of information on Home Phone:
https://www.plus.net/help/phone/

If you need help, get in touch with our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

Why has my order been cancelled? Is my broadband cancelled too? I've been charged for this service and signed up for £50 cashback but there's a delay/cancellation? What is happening?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Home phone - order cancelled

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @grapedrops 

I'm sorry to see there's a problem with your order.

I've got in touch with our suppliers and I've been advised that the current provider of your telephone number has rejected the number port, because the postcode we've provided doesn't match what they have.

If you can confirm that your number is currently live at the postcode you've given us, could you contact your current provider to request that their systems are updated to reflect this.

If your number is live at a different address, could you reply to this ticket with the post code please?

Let me know how you get on. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grapedrops

Dear,

I have spoken to Talktalk about the issue. 

I moved to the current address [Removed] However, they haven't changed the interanl information of my address so far. 

I complaint about this matter and what the TalkTalk said is there won't be a problem because the old address issue is merely their faulty information on my account in Talktalk and the current landlin [Removed] is perfectly working on my current address. Talktalk said that the new provider can take over because it is currently live in my current address anyway. I hope this helps. 

Best,

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @grapedrops 

Unfortunately TalkTalk have rejected the number port, because your new postcode doesn't match what they currently have on their system. 

As you've given us your previous postcode, what we can do is place the number port as if you were moving house i.e. we supply your previous postcode as the 'current' postcode while providing you with a service at your actual address. 

If that doesn't work then with a letter of authority we can take this to Openreach and they'll get the number ported regardless of postcode. 

I'll place the order first with both your postcodes when I'm in the office this afternoon and I should then have an update within 48 hours for you.

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @grapedrops Unfortunately the order was rejected again due to a mismatch of postcode on the number port. Could you possibly fill out the form Here and add it as an attachment to your support ticket Here?

If you need any help filling it out, feel free to send me a private message Here 

An alternative is for us to provide you with a new number, let me know via the ticket linked above if you'd want this.

Apologies for the hassle this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet