cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone order cancelled

jamesbeckley

Home phone order cancelled

So I ordered a broadband package back in October. Since then, on the 8th my activation was put back from the 7th until the 17th with no forwarning. It is now the 18th and I have checked my emails to see a letter saying my order has been cancelled. No one has given me any update whatsoever, aside from stating my order has been cancelled and I have already been billed for a service that I still don't have after just short of a month of waiting.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Home phone order cancelled

Hi James,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Order cancelation notices generally arise from problems within BT Wholesale (BTw) or BT Openreach (BTOR) order processing systems.  Their causes are many, including but not limited to...

• Wrong type of order for type of line
  • Order cancelled by current supplier
  • Order cannot be raised because current supplier has placed a 'blocking' service cease order on the line
  • There is something wrong in BTw / BTOR assets database which inhibits an order being placed on the line
  • If fibre, there are (now) no ports available

As for upfront payments, they do not come "in to effect" until the service has been provided, the 'next' monthly charge will not arise until one month after the service has started.

The precise reason for the failure of your order requires input from a staff member.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going to plan.

I'm ringing Openreach now and I'll post back when I've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It looks like the order cancelled due to an issue with their systems.

I've put the order through again. As we're taking over an active service, it'll still take a minimum of 10 working days I'm afraid.

We'll confirm your new activation date within the next 24-72 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet