cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone order cancelled but router dispatched

Lavodog1
Dabbler

Home phone order cancelled but router dispatched

Recieved email stating home phone order cancelled was due to go live tomorrow 3/11/17 also recieved notification that router is on its way in post broadband connection due to go live on 4/11/17. Had no further information about whats going on and no relpy to my enquiries iv paid upfront for a service that looks like i wont be getting! Can someone please advise me what might be going on
10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Home phone order cancelled but router dispatched

Hi there and I'm sorry to hear things aren't going to plan.

I can see the order we placed was cancelled by your current provider.

I'll get the order replaced for you now and I'll update your ticket soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lavodog1
Dabbler

Just received another email stating phone order has been cancelled yet again. Iv paid upfront for this service and i cant even have it set up
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like your order was cancelled by your current provider again.

It might be worth giving them a ring and ask them to let the transfer go through the next time we place it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lavodog1
Dabbler

Contacted them and they have no record of you requesting to take over the line.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll replace the orders again for you, but if your existing provider cancels it again it may be worth ringing them one more time and ask them to check the Openreach systems for the orders we've placed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In addition, mind PMing me your full address and who your current provider is?

I'd like to dig a bit deeper into this before I replace order, incase there's a records issue somewhere.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lavodog1
Dabbler

Have pmd
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your PM.

So the provider that cancelled our orders doesn't appear to be your provider. This indicates that another persons line seems to be registered to your address, and your line registered to a different address.

Short of placing an order at every address at your postcode in the hope we find the right one (which isn't something we will do), your current provider needs to submit an ORDI [OpenReach Data Integrity] robot to update the records.

Once the ORDI is complete and the records are updated, we'll then be able to takeover your line.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again. Looking at this again, I can see the address we were given on the account slightly differs to what you provided me over PM. Please can you confirm your full address by replying to this ticket here?

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just popping back on here to let you know I've replaced the order for you at your address now.

We'll confirm your new activation date soon and I'd expect your current provider to send you notification too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet