Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone active but no broadband

FIXED
HairyDog
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Home phone active but no broadband

Morning, we moved in a few weeks back and got our home phone active email this morning but on checking using 17070 it looks like our main phone line seems to have a different phone number to the one in the Plusnet email, and on checking the 'old' landline on the other side of the house this one does have the same number! A little annoying as will cause some WiFi issues but on connecting new router no sign of broadband - can you guys help out? I'd rather have the broadband on the 'main' line but if we can just get broadband working on the other line it would be better than nothing?!

Let me know what info you need.
3 REPLIES 3
HairyDog
Dabbler

Re: Home phone active but no broadband

Just an update to this to add a bit more confusion (for me anyway!), I just got a text from Openreach with details that an engineer will be visiting between 8-5 today...had no idea a visit was necessary and if anyone could tell me what the visit is for I'd really appreciate it :).
HairyDog
Dabbler

Well, further update - broadband is working which is awesome (for a bank holiday too, very impressed!)...only problem is that as I mentioned earlier it's on the wrong phone line! The one that has been connected is on the wrong side of the house, so WiFi in all the places that need it is terrible! What are my options here, can you guys move the service to the correct line or help me out with extending the WiFi or something?

Many thanks.
HairyDog
Dabbler

Fix
Hopefully final update...I managed to find another socket which was more in the middle of the house and this one is using the same number as the office, plugged in there and WiFi seems pretty good throughout so don't worry, I'm all sorted!