FIXED
Beachy1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Home move

Hi
I’m due to move house on 8th Aug
I contacted the home
Move team via phone and he said I had to start a new contract. Which I did as plus net have been ok.
The fella organised to have my old service disconnected on the 8th Aug. However I am worried as I have not had an email confirming when the service will start at the new address.
The phone line at the new address has been disconnected. Will this cause a delay?
I would really like some confirmation of the live date at my new address

Ps I looked in my online account and there seem to be about 5 tickets open all relating to disconnecting my service at the old address but nothing confirming when the new contract starts at my new address
11 REPLIES 11
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Home move

Hi @ Beachy1,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with your house move, I appreciate your concern.

I called you to discuss your house move, full details are available here. I'll be monitoring this going forward, to ensure the house move takes place on time.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

Beachy1
Dabbler

Just to let you know that the home move completed on time and scheduled.
However, I would like someone to check that Openreach have put me on the correct package. I ordered the plus package so I would expect to be put on an 80/80 at the cabinet.

I’m only 300 meters away from the cabinet so I would expect at least 60mbps. However the speed test is showing less than 30mbps which leads me the think I have been put on the 40/40 at the cabinet.
I’m testing from the master socket.
I’m right on top of the router
Sorry can’t test wires as only just moved and not set up PC yet
Could someone please check that I have been put on the correct package please

Many thanks
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Beachy1
Dabbler

I suspect Openreach have put my new service on the 40/40 instead of the 80/80 at the exchange

Hi
I recently moved house and started a new contract. The house move and the activation date went really smooth. Thank you Plusnet.
However checking the speeds at the master socket leads me to believe that Openreach has put me on the wrong DSLAM at the exchange.
I am 300 meters from the green cabinet so I would expect at least 65 -70 mbps.
I’m getting below 30Mbps.
I understand the DLM needs time to adjust but I feel it’s not going to adjust if I’m not put on the correct fibre plus package.
Can Plusnet check that Openreach have connected me to the correct 80/80 please
Many Thanks
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: I suspect Openreach have put my new service on the 40/40 instead of the 80/80 at the exchange

Why are you starting another thread about the same issue?

If you follow the staff members advice in your other thread it would take you through some basic checks, rather than a WiFi  speed test

If you enter your phone number in the https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and post the results it will show the speeds you should be expecting.

Logging into the router going to the advanced section then Helpdesk tab, which will show your actual speeds.

Some basic information will enable people to advice the best way forward, snd save valuable time for the hard pressed CS.

Make sure you hide sensitive information.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: I suspect Openreach have put my new service on the 40/40 instead of the 80/80 at the exchange

Moderators Note

Topics merged

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Beachy1
Dabbler

Apologies for the double thread.

As I said in my title I suspect I have been put on the 40/40 package. I concluded this because the router indicates the line is only capable of 40mbps Downstream or as shown in the router 39998 Kbps
Line attenuation is 12.8 dB
Noise margin 17.8 dB

Now I’m not pretending to be an expert but if I ordered the higher plus net package then surely the router stat page would show a downstream of 79998 Kbps? This is the maximum enabled at my exchange?

I did follow the link and try to report a fault on the line but I’m sure there is no fault on the line. It just that I have been hooked up to the wrong place at the exchange. My exchange is Fibre 80 enabled.

I can’t seem to add the screen shots of the router page, broadband availability checker page so you will just have to trust me. Smiley
Beachy1
Dabbler

Just to be clear as I seem to be getting misinterpreted.  This is not a speed fault issue. It is an order issue. That is why I put it in the my orders section of the forum. 

I am 300 meters from the cabinet and I am getting clean speeds of 38mbps. which is awesome if I was on the unlimited fibre package. 

But I bought and paid for the unlimited fibre extra package. Yet my router stats page tells me the max downstream is capped at 3999.(40) This would be acceptable for the unlimited package.  I paid for unlimited  fibre extra. so I would expect the router stat page to show me maximum downstream at 7999. (80)

I would also like to be clarify  that my exchange is capable of VSDL range A (clean) 80 and VDSL range B (impacted) 80.

As I said orginally, I suspect openreach have connected my line to the wrong DSLAM in the exchange. Should I get hold of someone in the orders department.? 

Now I have unpacked my PC after the house move I am able to upload the pictures to help . Many thanks for your time and understanding. 

Marouter says max is 40 whenit should say 80.PNGBembridge exchange.PNGfibre extra.PNG

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

That does look suspiciously like you've been provisioned on the 40/10.package.

To be clear though, its not a problem of being connected to the wrong dslam, its just that thexwrong profile has,been applied to your connection. Get hold of someone in provisioning and get them to correct the order.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Certainly looks to be the case. You need a PN staff member to go look and get you on the right package. Unfortunately so many companies seem to be using the Covid pandemic as an excuse from having business as normal. Good luck.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Beachy1
Dabbler

Fix

Well, I telephoned PN and after a long wait I managed to speak to someone who agreed I was put on the wrong package. 

It took them less time to fix it than it did answering the phone. Smiley

All is good now so thanks very much 

muchbetter.PNG