cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone has now been cancelled

Markthespark

Home Phone has now been cancelled

I have recently signed up for phone and broadband but this afternoon I received an email to say
"Dear Mr longworth,

Account username: malongworth

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled."

But didnt cancel it. Any ideas? Is this still going through or do I have to wait even longer?

2 REPLIES 2
ronniestokie

Re: Home Phone has now been cancelled

Hi mark,

What happened in the end?

In in exactly the same situation. I received that email today.

Hopefully you or someone else can assist.

Thanks
Markthespark

Re: Home Phone has now been cancelled

Hi Ronnie,

I'll try and explain but a call to one of the guys at plus net might be clearer for you. They were dead good and walked me through it all.

What had happened was we had just moved in so although the couple before us had left their phone line was still contracted till the end of the month. They call this being seized I think. Anyway. Plus net told me that that provider had cancelled the phone line and they cant take over it until the contract is up on their end or if the provider is contacted and told to unsieze the line.

I hope that's made a little sense.
In the end we tried to contact that last residents so they could sort it out their end ut they didnt get back to us. So we waited the 2 weeks and then it was automatically switched to plus net.

NOTE: I would ring plusnet just to be sure the switch is still going to be done automatically as they might need to know. I cant remember what the situation was about that sorry.

That's what happened to us anyway.