cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone & Fibre different activation days? (No fibre)

FIXED
mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Home Phone & Fibre different activation days? (No fibre)

I'm transferring phone and fibre from BT to PN.

This morning I got an email and text saying my Home Phone transfer was complete and my BT HH5 had lost connection. Phone works fine but despite changing the broadband username and password in my HH5 I'd still no connection.

I've checked the texts I received after I placed my order, one text says Home Phone would be active by the 13/7 (it is), another says broadband will be active by midnight on 14/7. Is it normal to have to wait up to 2 days for the fibre to become active?

It's not a problem to wait 2 days if this is the case, if it's not normal could someone have a look at my account 'mrtullyhubbert' or advice me to ring CS if necessary.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Re: Home Phone & Fibre different activation days? (No fibre)

All good, just had an email saying my fibre is ready and it's now working fine using my HH5.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Glad to hear it's up and running!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Looks like you've got confused by the confusing email times.  Activation can occur anytime on the day of transfer - technically that is until midnight got the date after as in 00:00 14 July.

A request has been made to have this message changed to read "up-to 23:59" on install date - which is how most people understand up-to midnight on a given date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lucylastik
Hooked

@Townman wrote:

Looks like you've got confused by the confusing email times.  Activation can occur anytime on the day of transfer - technically that is until midnight got the date after as in 00:00 14 July.

Why do you presume they've 'got confused'? The activation for the phone WAS A DIFFERENT DAY to that for the BB.

I've just had exactly the same experience. Got a text to say the phone had been switched over and that the broadband would be two days later at midnight on the 2nd day.

Did I get confused as well? Perhaps you would like to come and explain it to me slowly.

What annoyed me the most was, they should have said, it can take UP TO 2 days after the phone has been switched over. As it happened, like the OP, my broadband was up and running just a few hours later.

Would have been GREAT if they had sent that information by TEXT and not EMAIL considering we didn't know the BB was up and running...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Lucy,

There is a debate elsewhere about "What does MIDNIGHT on date X" mean.

I think to most people it means that time one second after 23:59:59 on date X.

When PN systems report "MIDNIGHT on date X" they mean 00:00:00 on date X.

There is some recognition that there is confusion between...

• The date that (for account purposes) that a product changes
  • The date of installation
  • The date of activation

The Superusers are working with PN staff to develop a clarifying Q&A on dates! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Lucylastik wrote:
Would have been GREAT if they had sent that information by TEXT and not EMAIL considering we didn't know the BB was up and running...

Thanks for flagging that up, I'll pass feedback on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet