cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - Order cancelled?

nrobin1

Home Phone - Order cancelled?

Hi there,

I have read similar posts and am hoping my problem is as easily resolved. I signed up earlier in the week (for fibre + phone) and yesterday received an email stating "We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled"

I didn't cancel so am guessing its to do with the order somehow? 

Any help or advice would be welcomed.

Thank you

Neal

17 REPLIES 17
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Home Phone - Order cancelled?

Hi Neil,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Indeed "order cancelled" is a common event; it arises when for one of many different issues BTw / BTOR just cancel ISP / CP orders rather than deal with the issue they find "wrong" with the order.  Here is a list of the typical issues which cause havoc and delay to ISPs / CPs trying to deliver service to end users...

• The losing ISP / CP has placed a CEASE order on a line - this happens if the user tells their existing supplier they are migrating - until the cease order is removed or executed no new ISP / CP can place a provide order on that line
  • Simultaneous provides of both phone and broadband services have a nasty habit of going wrong and have to be reordered separately via a manual process - for example see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Home-Phone-Order-cancelled/m-p/1450553#M3368
  • For a multitude of reasons the data BTOR hold about your address, service line etc. is wrong in THEIR database and does not match the information you provided to PlusNet - I find it unbelievable that PlusNet will have to fix such BTOR data errors so that they can deliver the service you have requested
  • Then there is the rest of the multitude of sins from "wrong kind of order for the type of phone line" to goodness knows what ...

One would expect that a supplier of the ilk of BT Wholesale would have ordering systems which inhibited the "wrong" information being entered at the time of raising an order ... but apparently they are not that cleaver!

The understand the specifics of your failed order, we need input from the staff members of the community, though be warned, sometimes it can take weeks to wade through BTw's treacle ... and if your line is coated in BTw treacle then all ISPs will encounter the same issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nrobin1

Thanks for the comments, hopefully someone will be able to advise on my next step.

Thanks again

Neal

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Neal,

Please be aware that weekends are covered by a skeleton team. I flagged this and other cases 'up' this morning, however, I'm advised that one of the team has reported sick today, so this issue might not get responded until Sunday. Someone else is providing forum cover from home, but does not have ready access to the business systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @nrobin1

It looks like your order to transfer your services into Plusnet was cancelled by your current provider. We've placed another order to transfer you to us, It may help if you call your current provider and advise them that you have ordered services with us, but ensure they don't place a cease order on the line.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
nrobin1

Thanks for explaining, no panic with it, you guys do a great job and I appreciate it

nrobin1

Thank you for looking into it, the house is currently empty and we don't move in for another 7 days so not sure who the current/previous supplier was. If I can find out I will contact them and let them know we are new people moving in and nothing to do with the old line, if that makes sense.

Thanks again

Neal

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

No problem, hopefully this will all go through without a hitch this time.

We'll keep an eye on the order for you.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Neal,

Ah a take over of someone else's line on a house move - complicated!

The existing occupants will have their own arrangements with their supplier in respect of their contract, over which you will have no influence. This could be a case of just having to wait until THEIR supplier's cease order completes - presumably on the day they move out and you move in.

Unbelievably BTw / BTOR do not allow service provide orders from ISPs / CPs to be placed on a line ready to be implemented after the pending service cease. Seems a strange way of doing business as it ensures there are days when BTOR cannot levy rental charges for the line.

nrobin1

Fingers crossed and thank you 😉

nrobin1

They have moved out already, so may have already ended their contract, not sure, hopefully all will become clearer over the coming days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've now replaced your phone/fibre orders.

We'll let you know your new activation date via this ticket once we receive confirmation from our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nrobin1

Thanks for the updates and help. I received an email earlier giving me an "estimated order completion date" and phone number (which was different to the first one, but not bothered about phone anyway) so all looked promising.

Alas, I just received another "Home Phone - Order cancelled" email, so back to square one it seems 😞

Neal

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Whilst it would appear we're back to square one, having checked the availability at your address I can see your line has been ceased as of today. I've therefore placed an order with Openreach to reactivate the phone line.

This can take up to 4 working days. Once that's completed, we'll place your fibre order (this should take 5 working days but can sometimes be pushed back by Openreach due to engineer availability).

We'll provide an update within 24 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nrobin1

Thanks again for your help and input, so far so good 🙂