Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - Order Cancelled

Dan92
Dabbler

Home Phone - Order Cancelled

Hello

I recently placed an order for home phone and fibre due to go live on 03/01/19. I received an email today to say my phone order has been cancelled. I haven’t requested cancellation and I’m worried this is going to delay my fibre activation and how to get it rectified.

Tried calling CS but they closed early today (due to snow apparently?)
8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Home Phone - Order Cancelled

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Home Phone to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Dan92

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that your order has cancelled. This can occur for a number of reasons so I have had a look into this for you and have responded via a ticket on your account here

I do apologise for the automated message that you heard when calling in, the business closed at 7pm last night due to New Years eve.

Dan92
Dabbler

Hi

I spoke to the provisioning team today and they explained that a previous service with Sky still had ownership of the line and that’s why the order was cancelled. This will be to do with the previous occupant of the house as I have only bought the place recently. I was told that they could either submit the orders again or pay £49.99 to have a new line installed (I have no idea what this entails physically ie. are they looking to run a new phone cable into my house? Nor do I want to pay £49 for a phone line when there’s one there already)

I asked them to place the order today and was emailed a new start date this evening of 16/01. I initially ordered the service over 2 weeks ago and it was originally due to go live on 03/01. I’m spending a lot of money on data at the moment and Plusnet has already charged me for the first months service I am yet to receive.

I noticed today that Sky have an offer on for basically the same package for the same price as what I got with Plusnet. Considering Sky currently have ownership of the line, would I likely get service any quicker if I was to order from them instead and cancel the Plusnet order?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Dan92 I am deeply sorry to that your order was canceled by the current line supplier of your premises.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

Dan92
Dabbler

So I’ve looked into this a bit further and found out some interesting information.

My next door neighbour called round today to ask if we were trying to get broadband installed. We said yes and she told us that she kept getting messages from Sky saying someone was trying to take ownership of her phone line.

Strange thing is... she used to live in my address here at number 4. She now lives in number 3 and said she took her Sky Broadband with her. She has her router and everything plugged into the master socket in her house at number 3. Yet when I try and place an order for number 4 it gets cancelled because she gets the notification someone is trying to take over her line.

I spoke to sky who confirmed they still have an active account at my address (there’s no dial tone on the line at my property so how can this be?). I asked her to check number 3 out of curiosity and she said there is no active account at that address but there used to be some time ago. (My House was empty for quite a while before I bought it)

So basically it looks like my neighbour moved from my house to next door number 3 but for some reason sky still think she’s at number 4 and this therefore won’t allow my order to go through. Or that numbers 3 and 4 have always been transposed. What if I was to place an order for number 3?

I’m not sure where to go with this now?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Sounds like there is a records mismatch which your neighbour should ask Sky to resolve for No3 - but in the meantime the staff on here should hopefully now be a little more aware of the issue. In any event you need a new line, so the £49 fee would be applicable in any event - you have no dial time, so Openreach would need to do some work to arrange a ew connection even if it is to the same master socket already installed in No4

Dan92
Dabbler

I’m willing to accept I’ll have to pay for installation of a new line. Presumably if this problem didn’t exist and the previous occupant had cancelled their services several months ago then I would need to order a new line anyway.

The problem is that my neighbour has spoken to Sky several times to try and get them to update everything to no avail. Sky are under the impression that there is an active broadband service at my address when there isn’t so every order I place will cancel. It’s really difficult because Sky won’t give me any information (understandable as I’m not even a customer of theirs) and Plusnet don’t seem to be able to do anything other than place orders and wait for them to fail.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @Dan92 and providing these further updates.

It does seem like Sky have not correctly updated their records to reflect your neighbours service being active at number 3 and not number 4, so every time we place an order it gets rejected as we're trying to take over a service we shouldn't be.

I've provided an update here in relation to your orders and how to progress them.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team