Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - Order Cancelled

jamesfoxton2
Hooked

Home Phone - Order Cancelled

Hello,

I recently signed up for plusnet broadband + phone. I am currently on BT Fibre + phoneline but I choose to switch to PlusNet, (as BT Fibre had become extortionately priced!)

I have received an email stating my Home Phone Order has been cancelled, I've done nothing so I'm confused as to why this is. Am I still going to have PlusNet Broadband on the 15th of August as per original agreement?

In addition I signed up to PlusNet specifically because of the £99 Quidco offer.......am I now going to lose out on this offer because (at least part) of this order has been cancelled...? The quidco site states I will only get the payout if the retailer confirms I have not cancelled or changed my order...is there a way to ensure this does not get classed as a cancelled order please as I don't think I should lose £99 over this! thanks

17 REPLIES 17
jamesfoxton2
Hooked

Re: Home Phone - Order Cancelled

Posting update incase anyone else has this issue: PlusNet have confirmed BT have cancelled the new Plusnet account on my behalf, after BT had told me that they knew I was leaving on the 15th.

I now have to wait another week for my transfer to plusnet..and you guessed it...keep paying BT for the extra week. amazed BT are able to do this. Note that my issues were caused entirely by BT and not PlusNet. and its BT who will get the extra weeks payment too, incredible !

Note PlusNet have also confirmed my cashback deal will still be honoured.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. Did YOU tell BT (Retail) you were leaving or did you just order services from Plusnet leaving them to tell BT they are taking over the line?

BT has many houses and often a reference to BT is not adequately qualified. There are a number of reasons why one bit or another of BT might cancel another supplier's order.

Cease order: If the existing supplier (in your case BT Retail) has raised a service stop order on a line BT Openreach / BT Wholesale will reject orders from other suppliers until after the line has been ceased. This is the one which cashes the longest delays, creates contract over runs, could result in a break in service and the loss of the phone number. A migrating user should NEVER tell their existing supplier they are leaving - that should be left to the gaining supplier.

Anti slamming: In some circumstances the takeover order can be blocked by the existing supplier (in your case BT Retail) when the gaining supplier notifies them of the intent to take over service. This ought not to happen unless the USER so instructs the existing supplier to block migration. Some of us suspect that through error or deliberate intent some losing suppliers are obstructing the migration process by placing cease orders when a gaining provider notices intent to take over.

Data issues: there are a multitude of issues with BT's data on lines and addresses which lead to order complications and consequential cancellations by BT Openreach and Wholesale and have nothing to do with the existing supplier ... other than they retain the revenue stream a bit longer.

Hope your issue is soon sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

A warm welcome to Plusnet and I'm sorry to hear of your poor initial experience.

It looks like the transfer order we originally placed failed to progress within the automated wholesale systems. I can see we've got a new order in place and we'll confirm your live date shortly.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the inevitable delay to your activation.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesfoxton2
Hooked

Hello

The exact same thing has happened all over again. I will go and speak to BT, again. I can see from this forum that this is not an isolated case. Whether your fault or BTs this should be being discussed between the two companies.

Can you confirm my order will go through again please. I am also confused - whilst my Phone Line order gets cancelled, I get no communication about my broadband being cancelled? Additionally, my router has now arrived. I'd appreciate if you can you update with what my overall status currently is

thanks

jamesfoxton2
Hooked

BT have now replied stating the order has failed at PlusNets end, and I need to contact PlusNet about it.

So I assume this time it has failed for another reason. Can you please provide an update

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like we've resubmitted the orders which are due to complete on the 31st.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, we'll keep an eye on these orders for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesfoxton2
Hooked

that's only been a few hours....order has been cancelled.again

is there any way for this to actually be resolved, or should i go elsewhere? that is meant as a genuine question - can you put this order through or not. this is a waste of all of our time. thanks. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

James,

The answer is it depends.

If the orders are failing because they have been placed incorrectly then may be a different ISP might do a better job.

However if the reason is related to the line, its status, the data held about it by BTw/BTOR then I suspect all ISPs will encounter problems.

@Gandalf - you've been uncharacteristicly stum on what's happening behind the sceans here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jamesfoxton2
Hooked

thanks for the honest answer!

BT have now text me saying "I am leaving BT but keeping some services with them." - BT are unable to tell me what these orders are over online chat, and say I need to call them ,which I'm unable to do at the moment.

So from plusnets side.....can you let me know if my plusnet Broadband is still on order? I only ever received a cancellation of my phone line order, not broadband. then I will clarify with BT if they think I am keeping my phoneline with them

regarding who is at fault, whether plusnet, OR or BT, its plusnet I am trying to give my custom too....I am getting tremendously sick of needing to use my time as an intermediary between everyone. the correct consumer process involves me clicking 'buy' and then you all speaking to eachother.

please inform me of what my current order status is.

thanks again for the assistance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm looking into this now, I'll reply shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

After a discussion with our suppliers, the simultaneous [SIM] orders we've placed have rejected due to a CTAG exception on our suppliers system. This is basically an order related issue where SIM orders fail and there is currently no workaround.

We'd need to place the orders separately. It'd be the phone order first, allow that to complete, then place the fibre order and request our suppliers it is fast tracked ASAP because of the exception issue.

I'll update the ticket on your account here

If you like to proceed please let us know. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesfoxton2
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for looking into this - I am happy for the orders to be placed separately, as long as the cashback deal I signed up for will still be honoured ( I assume it will be but I have to ask the question...!)

thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked the offer code on your account and it doesn't appear you signed up to a cashback offer.

I've also checked the offers we had on the day you signed up, and we didn't have any cashback offers for fibre. There was a £50 offer for Unlimited [ADSL].

Let us know if you still like to go ahead with the order.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesfoxton2
Hooked

Hi,

I had received confirmation via quidco for the cashback being tracked.

Hi james

Good news, your recent purchase has successfully tracked.

Receipt to

xxxx@gmail.com

Date

01 Aug 2017, 09:56 

Retailer

Plusnet Broadband

Purchase Amount

£19.99 

Cashback amount

£95.00

even the above aside...I see today there is a cashback offer as per link below and snapshot picture attached:

https://www.quidco.com/visit/2625/AWq/cashback/offer/191350/

This is almost the same as what I originally signed up for. . £25 initial payment for £85 cashback, versus the original £20 initial and £95 cashback. For the sake of getting this sorted is there a way to cancel my original order and sign up for this one instead?