Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move woes

Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Home Move woes

New phone line only was working ok yesterday but this afternoon it has stopped. I tried old style phone too but there is no dialling tone at all, just silence now. At least before I moved in there was a dialling tone. I have a BT Openreach style socket here. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just tested your line and we're seeing something called a loop fault. This can commonly be caused when there's an issue with the way things are connected into the line. So we can begin to rule that out it would be helpful if we can arrange a time where we can test the line for you with everything unplugged from the line. Let us know if there would be a good time today for us to do that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Debs947
Dabbler

Today Wednesday does not suit, Thurs or Friday is OK. I cannot always get on here so can you text or ring me to my mobile number to discuss and if can't get reply keep trying.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Debs947,

I've reviewed the fault raised earlier this morning and I can see that the fault location appears to be external to the property. As it stands, this means that the engineer won't have to visit the property in order to resolve the fault although this may be subject to change if the engineer is unable to resolve the fault from outside of the property. For further information regarding this fault, please refer to the ticket raised on your account which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Debs947
Dabbler

See my latest reply to you on the open ticket question. This is turning into a complete fiasco!!

Debs947
Dabbler

See further update at open ticket. By some miracle I now appear to have a working landline again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've since picked your ticket up and added a reply there.

Hopefully we can get your fibre service on soon, we'll keep you updated via your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Debs947
Dabbler

Copy from my last response to ticket.....

Am now finally online and sorted out at long last but it has been tortuous getting there. So please do read through the whole ticket again and decide on the goodwill gesture you mentioned. But I doubt if anything could fully compensate for the total mess made of my house move order and what this has been like for me, your customer. You defo did not 'do me proud' on this occasion, as your motto states.

Debs947
Dabbler

The wording in your last message on ticket before my above message was left, suggests you'll not be returning to the ticket. Will you please do so as I had further queries...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Debs947, I've responded to the ticket on your account for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet