Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move woes

dragona
Grafter

Home Move woes

Morning all,

Notified Plusnet of a home move yesterday morning booked for 28/9/18 with a cease at present home for the same date all seemed to progress smoothly until approx 9pm last night when we were disconnected. Reset everything - no DSL light - tried calling the helpline but were given an error tone after 5 or 6 digits phone eventually displayed an error.

While calling support on mobile re read the first confirmation e-mail and seems the agent incorrectly put a cease on our line for 3 weeks ago (28/08/18) after calling through was told that a cease had been put on and that i'd have to speak to provisioning in the morning and it could take up yo 10 days to re-activate the line which would take us to cut off day - is this for real?

A call will be put through to provisions later today surely this sort of issue does not require such a long and cumbersome process technically it would be a soft disconnection? I doubt any actual cables have been disconnected at the cab etc. Is there no alternative? It seems utterly pointless to provision a line for a day or half a days usage if the timescale is correct.

-D
24 REPLIES 24
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Home Move woes

Moderators Note.
Moved to My Orders from Fibre.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dragona

I am really sorry to hear your services were ceased early at your current address, I understand this is extremely frustrating in the run up to moving house.

I can see that you have spoken with our Provisioning Team today regarding this and they have begun the process to switch service back on for you. I do understand that the timescales that you mentioned seem unnecessary, the reasons for this due to the type of order that we need to place to reactivate the service and the technology itself ADSL/Fibre. Along with this we have arranged for your phone line to be restarted to begin the process of enabling service to you once more.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we will do everything we can to resolve this as quickly as possible.

dragona
Grafter

Removed - I doubt anything said would improve customer service in this place anymore there are just a handful of people on the other end of the phone who are actually decent. 2 hours to cancel being passed from pillar to post is totally unacceptable especially with a string of errors made by multiple individuals leaving us well out of pocket .

I sincerely hope things improve here but i doubt it will.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @dragona

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sincerely sorry for what had occurred with your House Move order, I have had a look into your account and sent feedback through to the appropriate channels. You can view this by Clicking Here

If you do need any assistance, feel free to ask. 

Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi, I thought this would be a good thread to put my query. I plan to move house in January 2019. I have Plusnet fibre broadband and phone contract. I am nearly sure it will involve getting a new land-line phone number as the move is approx 4 miles away. To avoid any delays or mishaps would it be possible to start a brand new contract with new number in new house up to a month before old contract is cancelled in old house? I do not mind paying double for up to a month. I'm moving from a rented place to a purchased house and am able to take as long as I need to move.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Debs947 and thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

Unfortunately due to the way our system works when processing house moves, we can't provide an overlap as the service at the existing address would need to be ceased either the same day or earlier as the activation in your new address.

Normally the existing service is stopped in the early hours of the morning, and the new service activated at any point up to midnight on the day depending on what work is needed to get you up and running.

I'd recommend giving our house moves team a call on 0800 013 2632 with about 2-3 weeks notice, though the more notice the better. Feel free to let us know over here if you have any further queries or need any more assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Debs947
Dabbler

Thanks for reply, that's disappointing to hear.  Embarrassed

Debs947
Dabbler

House move order has been a disaster, anyone here can help me sort it out?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm really sorry to see your house move is not going smoothly and I'm very disappointed in how this has been handled. Sad

From what I can see we placed your phone and broadband order at your new address on the 21/01/2019 and it was going to go live on the 11/02/2019 but we cancelled that order on the 31/01/2019 and instead placed the order at the address we incorrectly noted on the ticket before you corrected us.

To try to limit further delays to as little as possible, I've now got an order in place just to get your phone line up and running which should be on the 11/02/2019. Once that's completed I'll place your broadband order, which should take around 5 working days but I'll confirm this for you next week. 

Moving forward, I'm happy to take ownership of this for you seeing this to a resolution and I'll ensure feedback is passed on regarding the way this has been handled which has caused a poor experience while moving house.

[edit]

Actually it looks like the initial order we placed was cancelled on the 31st due to an issue with our suppliers systems, but when we replaced it we did so at the incorrect address which I'll ensure feedback is passed on about. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Debs947
Dabbler

Thank you for helping, hope all goes according to plan......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, fingers crossed

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Debs947
Dabbler

Got email to say you had again updated house number of my new address, my incorrectly noted house number has been main cause of all the problems. You now state you have amended my house number in my records to number 11.

BUT AS I HAVE INFORMED YOU MANY TIMES THE NEW HOUSE NUMBER OF NEW HOUSE I HAVE JUST MOVED INTO IS 19.

NOT 11

Debs947
Dabbler

I got response on open ticket. address now corrected again and hopefully broadbnd will be available to me soon if I've not lost the will to live by then.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Debs947,

Thanks for keeping us updated. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you.