Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move and New 18 month contract ... Frustration

Denzo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Home Move and New 18 month contract ... Frustration

Dear PlusNet

I have been a customer for many many years and cannot fault the level of service until recently.

I am moving home (and have an active home move request) I decided to sign up to another 18 month Fibre unlimited deal.

Unfortunately - my home move is not going as smoothly as I wish as the new home seems to have two active phone lines and PN have requested from TalkTalk the Line ID to take over ... this was over 11 days ago and still I have not had the switch over date confirmed to PN.

I am moving home on 27 April 2018.

I am thinking that I could possibly cancel my new contract as within the 14 day cooling off period and cancel home move request (I am out of contract on my previous contract) and going to another provider if this cannot be resolved quickly.

I do understand that the issue seems to be with the provider of the line/BB at the home I am buying (provided by TalkTalk) .. The current owner did say that they had 2 live BT lines previously and one was cancelled.

Can you please help PN .... 

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Home Move and New 18 month contract ... Frustration

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you're having with moving your services to your new address.

Instead of waiting any longer we could always place an order to install a new line there. This would likely require an engineer to access your property to complete the installation, and is subject to engineer availability.

Let me know if you would like to go ahead and I'll get the ball rolling.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzo
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

Thank you for your reply.

I think that having a new line installed would be the best solution. Would there be any cost for this?

The line needs to support Fibre unlimited please (FTTC).

I would be grateful if you could confirm cease date on my current property on 27 April 2018 and then start on new property once the engineer has come to install new line.

Also, the new property does not have a proper working master socket (I raised this on original call) - could you request engineer to install new filtered fibre master socket face plate as well as test new line install?

Are you able to add this information to my open ticket? (# 172326950)

Are these type of delays unusual? and what will happen to those active lines at the property from the previous owner? will they get turned off?

I would prefer to stay with PN - and would be grateful if you confirm engineer availability for new line install / master socket.

Thank you very much for your help with this. I move on 27 April 2018

Denis

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Denis.

Actually it looks like since my last reply, our provisions team have found out the ALID and have started the process of taking over the working line at your new property.

I would be grateful if you could confirm cease date on my current property on 27 April 2018

Yeah that's when we've scheduled the cease.

and then start on new property once the engineer has come to install new line.

We'll confirm this within 24-48 hours when your order is fully built in our suppliers systems.

Are you able to add this information to my open ticket? (# 172326950)

Sure thing, I'll head over there in a sec.

Are these type of delays unusual?

Doesn't happen all too often, but can do sometimes.

and what will happen to those active lines at the property from the previous owner? will they get turned off?

We'll take over one of the lines, but the other line will likely remain active with the previous owners provider.

Also, the new property does not have a proper working master socket (I raised this on original call) - could you request engineer to install new filtered fibre master socket face plate as well as test new line install?

Unfortunately a working line takeover order doesn't entail an engineer visiting your property. With that said I've left notes on the order to this effect but it's unlikely to happen due to the type of order we've placed.

If your master socket doesn't work when your orders complete, we'll be able to raise a fault with Openreach sending out an engineer investigate/renew the socket if needed. Engineer availability for faults is usually within a few working days.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzo
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

Can you advise if the switch switch date has been confirmed for my Home move please?

Line number transfer and activation including Fibre at new property.

The ticket was off hold yesterday and has not been updated.

Thank you in advance

Denis

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Denis.

As you're already aware (As we've been speaking via PM), your order is due to complete on the 9th.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by the delays.

Let us know if you have any issues when this time comes.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzo
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

My line transfer including fibre is due to happen today.

I would be grateful if you could check to see if it is going to plan and when I can connect to internet.

Kind regards,

Denis

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Everything looks OK this side Denis, your order completed not long ago.

Tests are showing your router may not be switched on. Is it setup and plugged in?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet