cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move Let down by Plusnet

cooney1987
Grafter

Home Move Let down by Plusnet

Currently having a nightmare with my home move and transferring broadband from old house to new.  Was originally given an activation date of 24th November 2020.  Nothing happened on the 24th and I phoned that afternoon and was reassured that all was in hand and progressing and that it can take up until midnight to activate the new line.  Midnight came and went but no connection.  PlusNet failed to update me on this and it was reliant on me calling them to alert them of the problem the next day.  I was later told there was a delay through Open reach and I had a new connection date of 28th November 2020.  I was very disappointed with this but had no choice but to accept this date.  This made working from home very difficult. 

I then phoned on the 27th to check on the progress for the second proposed date of 28th for connection and was told that I would not be connected on the 28th after all and they now cannot tell me when I will be connected.  Today is now the 30th November so we are approaching one week since the original promised activation date and despite two promised dates they have failed to fulfil this.  They now cannot give me a new date.  

Incredibly dismayed by the service from PlusNet and also their lack of communication.  Each update (or lack of) has had to be prompted by me phoning them (and waiting in a que for up to 45 minutes each time).  They do not respond to the internal private message system on the questions as part of my account, which has led me to post here.  I hope others do not face such bad service and communication and hope that this can be resolved soon.

I deeply regret staying with PlusNet for my home move.  A previous home move under Sky broadband went through on time and as expected.  I did not expect this from Plusnet as had been pleased with the service until now.  Very disappointed here.

13 REPLIES 13
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Home Move Let down by Plusnet

@cooney1987 

To bring this sorry situation into focus there are two issues.

1. Openreach are repeatedly letting Plusnet down by not activating your line on the day that they have agreed with Plusnet.

2. Plusnet are repeatedly failing to advise you of the delay.

On the first point there is no doubt that Openreach is letting you down by not doing the work on the promised day. On the second, what we do not know is whether Openreach are failing to advise Plusnet of the delay, Plusnet are getting the message but failing to advise you (obviously Plusnet can't tell you if they do not know themselves) or both organisations are failing.

As both are part of the BT empire they tend not to play a public blame game regarding such issues.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cooney1987
Grafter

Thank you for clarifying some of this Baldrick that’s pretty helpful. At the end of the day I am a customer of Plusnet and any issues with open reach lies with plusnet as they are not providing me the service as promised and paid for. They need to sort it out at their end with “their suppliers”. With regards to the second point regardless of where the let down in communication is coming ultimately it lies with plusnet to notify me of this. If open reach is letting them down then they need a more robust system in place to monitor this and chase this up, and more importantly to communicate this to me.

It’s now one week and I don’t have any internet connection despite false promises. Not great in a worldwide pandemic when we have to work from home so an internet connection is vital.

Very disappointed in plusnet. Previously I had spoken highly of them to friends and relatives but will now be advising them of this poor service and recommending they look at other intent providers.
cooney1987
Grafter

Now exactly one week since my supposed connection and there's still nothing.  No updates from Plusnet and new date for connection.  Sorry to see so many others on this forum telling similar stories.  When will this be resolved Plusnet?

cooney1987
Grafter

Any attempts to phone are either met with 45 minute waits or as I just found there when phoning a recorded message saying they cannot take my call and to phone back later or tomorrow.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@cooney1987 

Believe me I am not defending Plusnet, their customer services are currently dire.

Obviously they can't advise you of situations like the late none availability of an Openreach engineer unless Openreach advise them of the fact.   Having said that there are past suggestions that they have been informed but failed to pass the message on to their customer. I suspect that both can happen. 

With respect to the interface with Openreach over which Plusnet have no control and it seems little influence you have to understand that the BT empire includes Openreach, BT's premier BT retail service, EE and their budget provider, Plusnet. Are Plusnet likely to get any priority service or conversely are they put at the bottom of the pile when it comes to Openreach priority? No doubt we will be told that all are treated equally, you may be sceptical.

But what can Plusnet do about it? Plusnet are managed by BT retail. I can't imagine the MD of BT Retail complaining to Ofcom that BT Openreach is failing to meet its obligations, can you? Other ISPs who use the BT infrastructure are in a much stronger position to rattle Openreaches cage and complain to Ofcom if connections are delayed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @cooney1987,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delay to your provisioning.

I've looked into this with our suppliers and have posted an update here.

If you require any further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks - LF

cooney1987
Grafter

@LordFoul all I can see is this response:

"Tahir Mahmood - CSC Analyst

3:02pm, Tuesday 1 Dec 2020
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 3rd December at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

Tahir Mahmood"

this tells me nothing about my order.  Can I please have an update and this situation resolved!
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @cooney1987,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies, it does seem like I had not completely sent my response after speaking to our suppliers.

I've responded to your other post to avoid any duplication.

Thanks - LF

cooney1987
Grafter

Two weeks since my connection date for moving home (plusnet to plusnet transfer) and still no internet.  I was given a third connection date for yesterday which again failed to materialise.  I'm really sorry to hear about others' experiences of waiting weeks with no connection and really disappointed to be joining them. I see that some have now given up on Plusnet after multiple failed connection dates and has cancelled their order with Plusnet and seeking another provider. 

Two weeks late is unacceptable.  I'm posting here out of frustration at the situation and so others are aware of the situation and the severe delays and failings of the service.  

So disappointed in PlusNet and have little faith that they will resolve what should be a simple procedure.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thank you for your response, I completely understand the frustrations you're having regarding the activation of your services at the new property. As I've previously mentioned,issues had initially occurred due to the associated "Start" and "Stop" orders.

Upon further investigation, I've also located an open order which has become stuck in the system, and was supposed to have completed on 24/11/2020, this order was placed by the previous suppliers at your new property. I've raised this with our suppliers and I'm awaiting a response from them.

We'll continue to do all we can to provision a service as quickly as possible, and thank you for your continued patience.

Hope this helps, Adam.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cooney1987
Grafter

No it doesn’t help. 15 days and no connection. Disgusting customer service and entirely incompetent company .

Yes that was my order that I made for the 24/11 that was meant to complete. Why this didn’t happen is a mystery to me and apparently to all of you too.

15 days and nothing. No step forward. I’m growing so tired of all of these excuses and after 15 days there is still no connection nor have you given me any concrete timetable of when this will happen. I’m sick of vague blaming statements against openreach. I want a definite timetable of when the connection will be made. If this inaction is to go on for more weeks I demand to know now so that I can end my custom with you now and move to a competent supplier. I wouldn’t be surprised if I approached another supplier today that they would be able to connect me sooner than you despite your knowing of my home move for more than one month now (2weeks notice prior to home move and 15 days of failure on your part with no connection). I’m furious at the service and want this resolved immediately. I have not received any call today. This is sickening.
cooney1987
Grafter

Actually shambles. Can’t believe there’s so many of us in this same situation. I’ve had three failed connection dates and I’m three weeks after first being given a connection date. Still not connected and they seem to have no clue what is going on or to fix this. I continue to be shocked at how incompetent they are. They comment on here publicly acting like they’ll solve the situation but nothing progresses or changes.

How long will I need to wait? Cant believe it’s been three weeks already.