Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move - Engineer Visit

seancowling
Rising Star

Home Move - Engineer Visit

Hi,

Due to move house this Friday (30th November), during which, I will be moving to a fibre broadband contract. To do so, I have been told I require an Engineer visit. According to my ticket (#184633260), the engineer visit was/is booked for Monday 3rd December. I had replied some time ago on the ticket to ask if an engineer could visit on the Friday afternoon, but no-one has replied. 

I was hoping someone could confirm what day I can expect the engineer to visit, and if possible, a more accurate time window?

I am unable to call in just now as I am at work.

Thanks,

Sean.

30 REPLIES 30
seancowling
Rising Star

Re: Home Move - Engineer Visit

Hi,

I have now got a voicemail from Plusnet saying that the Friday is not available. This is fine, however can someone please confirm that the original timeslot (Monday 3rd December) is still booked? I have tried to call back however wait times are 50 minutes (!!!) so cannot stay on hold for that length of time.

Sean

seancowling
Rising Star

Ridiculous. Now my fist appointment has been cancelled!!!! The girl on the phone said that it was "aimed for" the 3/12/2018. Going by the question chain, it was BOOKED, for the 3/12/2018. I have taken a day off of work for this, and will now require to take an UNPAID days leave on the Tuesday. I can't even get through on the lines to confirm this new appointment!!!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
seancowling
Rising Star

And still I have not heard back regarding this!! Last night I phoned customer service, spending 20 minutes on hold, only to then spend another 40 on hold to the House Moves Team. When I got through to House Moves, I was then told they couldn't do anything about it as the system was down!!

As per the attached picture, my appointment is supposed to be BOOKED for Monday 3rd December 2018. I have taken a day off of work for this! I should not have to be chasing Plusnet to get this resolved, and yet again I find myself spending my time trying to get Plusnet to rectify their mistake.

Sort this out Plusnet!!!

seancowling
Rising Star

Just phoned Plusnet again. Appointment has definitely changed to the day after, so will require a sick day or a days unpaid leave. Not good. 

Guy on the phone has offered a months free WiFi as a way of saying sorry, which is all well and good (and I appreciate his gesture seeing as its his not his fault), but I now miss out on a days pay which is a bit more than a months WiFi.

Can someone let me know if there is a more official complaints procedure?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi there @seancowling,

Firstly I'm really sorry it seems like you've had nothing but problems getting your services moved over. I've had a look over the orders just to see if there's anything we can do for you, or at least find out why the appointment changed from the 3rd to the 4th. Unfortunately there's little we can do to get the date brought forward at this stage, and while it was originally booked, or requested, for the 3rd December, Openreach are able to amend these dependent on engineer resourcing within the area. I'm sorry to say this looks to have happened in this case the agent you spoke to this morning has confirmed the date and time slot again for you and sent an email too. CSC agents have strict refund, credit or GoGW abilities so if you're unhappy with what he was able to offer you should definitely raise a complaint to see if there's anything we can do to try and resolve the matter to a satisfactory standard.

The official complaints procedure can be found here, the easiest way to complain (in my opinion) is via the ticket link, as it will save you having to call again. The downside is the response time from the high level escalations team is 5 working days (from a ticket being raised), but ultimately your issue is a process problem, as they'll also be unable to get the dates brought forward now too, it's more of a how can we try and stop it happening again, and how can we say sorry for what's happened during your move. The link also provides details of what to do if we don't deal with your concerns in a manner that you deem acceptable, including using an independent alternative dispute provider.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @JOLO,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Whilst the assistant I spoke to this morning was helpful, what is frustrating is the time spent actually trying to get through last night, and the fact I am losing a days pay. I appreciate the agents offer as a means of saying sorry but I will raise a ticket as this doesn't cover a days pay. I only hope there isn't any more problems as the time it takes to speak to someone is ridiculous.

Can you please confirm that my appointment is definitely  scheduled for this Tuesday (04/12/2018 ), between 8am-1pm? Can you also let me know what will happen? Will my fibre be available as soon as the engineer has done his work?

Sean

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @seancowling,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

I have left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @AishaK,

Thanks for the response. I have responded on the question.

Sean

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @seancowling,

Thank you for updating the ticket.

I have responded to the ticket with regards to your concerns. You can access the ticket here. When you reply to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @Jubby

I've replied on the ticket.

Sean

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @seancowling

Thank you for your response, I have updated the ticket on your account here

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi. Engineer visited this morning, broadband still not activated. Can anyone update please?Huh
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi. Broadband still not active. I have updated question #184633260 to ask about this. Once again I've tried to phone when the lines open to clarify (again I am the one chasing Plusnet), but waited 10 minutes before I had to hang up and go back to work. What a joke this is becoming.