cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!!!!!!

juneashford
Hooked

Help!!!!!!!!

I have just switched to plusnet and already regret it. My old provider line is down and been without Internet connection for a week. I'm 84 yrs old and abandoned by plusnet. No chat line, "award winning service" telephone line is dead, no technical support, no email address and no way to complain other than write. They have taken my money and left me high and dry! Someone from plusnet please, please phone me to tell me what on earth is happening.
11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Help!!!!!!!!

juneashford
Hooked

Thanks Gel. I've tried that number several times and had no response. I've tried several other numbers from Google and plusnet also to no avail. Plusnet Internet links just send you round in circles.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.

"My old provider line is down and been without Internet connection for a week."

Did you tell your old supplier you were leaving?  If "yes" then that is why you have no internet.

When you change suppliers, you do not need to (should not) tell your old supplier you are leaving.  If you do, they will place a service cease order on the line, after which NO SUPPLIER can place a line take over order until that cease order completes.

Where this has happened, a new supplier can only raise an order on the line AFTER the previous supplier has terminated their 'ownership' of the line and restoration can take 5-14 days. Telling your old supplier you are leaving can also risk you losing your phone number.

There are other reasons of why a switch might be delayed, but in such circumstances, your existing service should continue uninterrupted until the migration completes.

@MatthewWheeler  - can you apply some TLC on this please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

juneashford
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your reply. I just used a switching service for quotes and was directed from there to plusnet's site. I had plenty of letters from plusnet saying the switch over would happen, by 3rd July, its just not happened and I have no way to contact them to chase it up! It just seems crazy to me that customers cannot contact them.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

If you did not advise your existing supplier you were leaving then something is very odd here - I cannot understand how the old service was terminated in the face of order failure.  It ought not to be possible to leave you without service on a clean migration order.

There are two very good members of staff lurking on the forums today - hopefully one of them will catch this and work some magic for you. @Gandalf ?Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @juneashford 

I'm really sorry to see you're left without a service while switching to us. From what I can see it looks like all the engineering work's completed apart from the import of your telephone number which is holding the activation of our services back. I've raised this to our suppliers to investigate further and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
juneashford
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf. It looks like Talk Talk ended their service on 26th June, their router showed red Internet light as well and land-line was dead. My husband died in April and I am in the middle of sorting out his estate with the bank, probate etc so I really need my the Internet ASAP. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @juneashford I'm firstly sorry for your loss. 

As discussed I plan to chase this up with our suppliers first thing tomorrow morning and I'll call you back straight away after. 

Once you're up and running I'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience we've caused by the delay and downtime as I appreciate we could've pro-actively chased up the progress of your order sooner before you contacted us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
juneashford
Hooked

Many thanks for getting in touch. Hopefully this is now on the way to being resolved. I do hope you take on board my point about making it much easier for new customers to be able to contact you. If there was a simple link from your website I suspect this could have been resolved much, much sooner. Anyway, thanks again for getting involved.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @juneashford I'm happy to pass your feedback on. At the moment we can help over the phone on 0800 432 0200, Facebook, Twitter and over here although I agree and understand the difficulties in contacting us especially when there's a high wait time. We're working on keeping the wait down (and consistently) across all our support platforms. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'