cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to cancel transfer from BT to Plusnet

WoB1973

Help to cancel transfer from BT to Plusnet

Hi

I signed up yesterday with Plusnet for Home Phone / Broadband (transfer from BT).

Unfortunately I failed to realise my contract with BT does not expire until December 2021 and they want to charge me £470 early termination fee.

Therefore, I want to cancel my order for both home phone and broadband with Plusnet to stay with BT until that contract expires.

The online chat is unavailable so I called Customs Support to receive an automated message stating too busy, try again tomorrow.  An email to support was also rejected as unmanned.

I don't want this to drag on any longer than necessary and the earlier it's cancelled the better for all concerned.

Can someone help or advise how to get the transfer stopped?

Many Thanks

WoB

-- note, I am moving Mobile plans to Plusnet as they were out of contract, so I don't want to cancel these!

7 REPLIES 7
Rosie7HTC

Re: Help to cancel transfer from BT to Plusnet

I’m in the same boat ,bUt only 3 weeks early, BT could and probably only to happy to help stop the transfer at this time. Might be the most timely route. Rosie. 

WoB1973

Yea, I wasn't sure if I could cancel it via BT.  Will check what options I have with them in meantime.

WoB1973

Got through to BT but they say Plusnet must issue the cancellation.  BT can only stop the transfer apparetly if Plusnet refuse or it was mis-sold.

WoB1973

Plusnet phone lines up and running again. Got through after a 45 minute wait and it was all sorted in a couple of minutes.
dlhayward58

I am having the same problems.

It would be easier to get a private meeting with the Queen than getting hold of someone at Plusnet. The multitude of Plusnet phone numbers, the options once you get through, the variety of responses you get from the recorded messages. I am surprised that Plusnet comes top of customer satisfaction findiings.

My problem? I wish to cancel my contract within the 14 cooling off period. No chance of speaking to an adviser - at least not within the number of phone calls I have made - the longest waiting time before giving up being 97 minutes. This morning Plusnet actually curtailed the call.

I have sent two copies of the cancellation form that is available as a pdf file.

I have cancelled my direct debit.

The new router arrived this morning.

I am now waiting until Monday to see if they try to transfer me from BT to Plusnet.

Still, they can always blame coronavirus for the current poor communication. 

Anyone else experience great difficulty in stopping the contract within the 14 days cooling off period?

Tags (2)
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@dlhayward58 Are you aware that the cooling off period is 14 days from the day after you placed the order so you may have already gone past this and be tied into the contract. Cancelling the direct debit is also not a good idea as it can quite quickly lead to pestering by debt collectors.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I found a combination of Twitter/ Facebook/ this forum gave the quickest results, but that was a few weeks ago, phones may have more operators now.