cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please as no telephone line or broadband since 9 May 2018

asam23

Help please as no telephone line or broadband since 9 May 2018

Hi,

I hope someone can help as following a botched transfer of my telephone/broadband service by plusnet, I have been left without any telephone or broadband services since 9th May 2018 and have been advised by plusnet customer services that they will have to place a new order, which will take at least 10 working days to process before they can connect me.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Help please as no telephone line or broadband since 9 May 2018

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your order.

I'd like to spend a bit of time investigating this with our suppliers as to what's happened to cause this.

The notes on the order aren't very clear. I'll get back to you tomorrow as their provisions team are closed now.

[edit]

I've decided to discuss this with the teams that are in now, our broadband suppliers BTwholesale to see if they can shed some light on this.

I'm advised that a required activity (something called Tie Pairs) wasn't raised on your broadband order which meant that it was unable to be completed and basically timed out in their systems.

As the order timed out so close to the expected completion date, the engineering work for the linked phone order went ahead anyway. In short, it seems to have been either system error on our suppliers systems.

I can see we've placed a new order which should complete next Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to discuss this with the provisions team at Openreach to expedite the order for us due to the delays on the previous broadband order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our suppliers have accepted the expedite request.

I've been advised your phone and broadband order should complete today before midnight.

Once this is done I'll do my best to renumber your line back to what you had before.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for your continued patience and I'm really sorry that there has been a problem regarding your infrastructure. 

I have updated a ticket for you here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Thank you. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just following up here.

I've checked your order and I can see the engineering work appears to have been done yesterday and your phone order has now completed on the Openreach systems.

I've requested that your original number is imported and I'll post back when I have a response from our suppliers.

With regards to your broadband order, due to the way expedite requests work when fast tracking simultaneous phone and broadband orders it looks like the orders are no longer linked together.

This means that your broadband order is still showing a committed date of the 21st but I've asked our suppliers to expedite this completing the order sooner. I should know more within 24 hours.

However since we've been advised the engineering work has completed, I've activated your account on our side as you should be able to connect to the internet now. I'll continue to monitor your order unto completion.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asam23

Hi Anoush,

The telephone line  is now working but the internet is still unavailable, I have tried powering the router off/on and also resetting it but without any success. Can you please have a look at this (could it be due to the temporary phone number?)

Thanks

asam23

Update:

Thanks everyone for all your help, both the telephone and internet are now working. The only thing outstanding is the porting of the old phone number, which will take place next Wednesday.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m happy to hear that!
Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner over here. I’ll follow up next week with regards to porting your telephone number, and I believe one of my colleagues in our complaints team will also follow up too.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Gandalf as per message #5.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

The renumber order has completed so you should have your own telephone number back.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet