cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, new customer BT cease on line

betty1

Help, new customer BT cease on line

Good afternoon, can anyone help. My mother signed up to broadband and phone but BT have a cease on the line due for 3/4/2021 and won't allow plusnet to take over the line. BT wont cancel the cease without mom accepting to take over the remaining contract, something she wont do as the previous customer, her husband has died and she needs to reduce cost for moving forward. Can she just wait for the 3/4/2021 and will plusnet just take over the line on the day or will she be without a service for a while?

I'm concerned mom will be left without any phone and broadband connection on the 3rd and wanted to get everything set up in advance for that date. 

Tried on line chat but facility not available and mom not up top talking to anyone.

Can anyone advise or help?

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Help, new customer BT cease on line

Thanks for your post @betty1 

I'm firstly sorry for your loss.

In theory we should be able to transfer her services to us on the same day that BT stops their service, because the cease is due to complete more than 10 working days away (10 working days is the minimum amount of time it'll take to transfer an active service), so our transfer order should 'commit' to the same date. However as the cease is due to complete on a bank holiday (Easter weekend), we're not able to get our order in place to match this.

If BT aren't able to cancel the cease altogether without recontracting, could you ask them to change the date to a working day? Feel free to drop me a PM if you ask them to change it or if there are further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
betty1

Thanks Gandalf, that's really helpful information. BT won't stop the cancellation but have now changed the cease date to Monday 29th March. I'm now looking for Plusnet to take over the service from that date. Not sure how to send you a private message with my full details, can you let me know how to do that?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Not sure how to send you a private message with my full details, can you let me know how to do that?

Click on Gandalfs name (highlighted in magenta), it will take you to his profile page , on there you will see a link to 'Send private message'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

betty1

Thanks, found it now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @betty1 

I've now placed the transfer order for the 29th March. If all goes well our service should activate before midnight on the day. We'll send an automated email and text via the account within 24-48 hours with confirmation.

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm happy to confirm we've received confirmation from our suppliers that the transfer should be going ahead on the 29th.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet