cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have put through Fibre Upgrade, but now a bit confused for what happens next

Sairu

Have put through Fibre Upgrade, but now a bit confused for what happens next

Hi,

I've recently put through an upgrade to Fibre (I'm an existing Plusnet customer) and to switch my phone line over from my current provider but after receiving a order cancelled then order placed message, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what happens next.

I presume from the FAQs and other forum posts that I do need to be at home to switch over the router and set it up once the line is activated as I will get a text from the BT engineer telling me to do so - is this correct? Will I be given an approximate time for the engineer or could it be any time that day?

The date I have been given is the 05/06/18, which is a weekday, so I will need to arrange either an annual leave day or a working from home day. If I can arrange to work from home that day, what would the maximum downtime be and would I be able to connect as soon as it is activated?

Also, the cancellation message told me to look at the Install Diary, but I can't find this option anywhere in the members centre. Could someone please let me know what option it is under?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Have put through Fibre Upgrade, but now a bit confused for what happens next

You do not need to be at home when the fibre upgrade happens, you should receive the PlusNet hub one router before the upgrade which can be connected to your phone line and work in ADSL mode. When the BT engineer changes your connection at the cabinet the router will automatically detect this and switch to VDSL2 (FTTC). There should be very little downtime. I think the Install Diary is an internal Plusnet  system thing so nothing for you to access.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Have put through Fibre Upgrade, but now a bit confused for what happens next

Hi there,

We can confirm that Fibre upgrades do not require an engineer visit.

Your router should be with you in the next 3-5 working days as I have manually ordered this for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.