cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Plusnet forgotten about my order?

tonespectra
Dabbler

Have Plusnet forgotten about my order?

Hello. I just had a new line fitted at my flat by Openreach, now complete after two visits on 01/04/2020 (inside flat connection) and 03/04/2020 (outside house connection) which delayed the scheduled connection date of midnight 02/04/2020.

Now everything is connected, they've not contacted me since. I wonder if Openreach simply haven't informed Plusnet that the job is complete? I'm really struggling without broadband because everyone is self-isolating and I don't have much contact with family and friends. How long is it likely to take to complete my connection? Thanks, Jose.

15 REPLIES 15
tonespectra
Dabbler

Re: Have Plusnet forgotten about my order?

By the way, it's just a standard broadband connection (not fibreoptic) but it required a new (first) installation since my flat has never had broadband fitted and the landline hadn't been used for over 10 years. I saw the Openreach guy working on the outside connection and he said it was for my flat, so I presume it's now complete as the inside installation was complete on 01/04/2020. I have received my router. Thanks. Username: [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

tonespectra
Dabbler

CHECKING YOUR LINE : broadband working?

Hello. My Plusnet order checker says:

✔ CHECKING YOUR LINE We've run some checks on your telephone line and everything looks to be fine.

Does this mean the actual broadband connection is working and no further (engineer) work is needed for me to get broadband activated, or is that just the telephone connection? I don't know if they're the same connection. Someone rang my bell about 5 times today while I was in the shower and I thought it could be an Openreach engineer, but I've not had any calls or texts about a re-visit and they've already made two visits.

Thanks

tonespectra
Dabbler

Re: CHECKING YOUR LINE : broadband working?

Hi, sorry but this seems like a pretty straightforward question... any chance of an answer to this? I don't know if the engineering work is complete otherwise. Thanks. Does this help:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Exchange MOSS SIDE is served by Cabinet 31

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

ADSL Availability Date

WBC SOADSL Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available Available --  
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --  

Other Offerings

Availability Date

ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  

Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U            
VRI --            
NTEFaceplate --            
Last Test Date --            

FTTP is not available.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

tonespectra
Dabbler

5 ACTIVATING YOUR LINE ('Broadband Order Tracker')

Hello. What does it mean if it still says '5' (instead of a tick symbol) in front of the 'activating your line' on the Plusnet Broadband Order Tracker page? I presume it means it's not complete, but does that mean the line itself is working? i.e....

5 ACTIVATING YOUR LINE - Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed.

Thanks

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: 5 ACTIVATING YOUR LINE ('Broadband Order Tracker')

Moderators Note

Multiple topics from same poster merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Have Plusnet forgotten about my order?

Thanks for getting in touch @tonespectra and apologies for the delayed response.

I can see you've messaged us via Twitter and we've picked that up for you.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tonespectra
Dabbler

No connection until 19/06/2020...???

tonespectra
Dabbler

Re: No connection until 19/06/2020...???

P.S. It's also possible that the engineer doesn't even need the transmitter to be plugged in at all, because there was no mention of it by the engineer who visited on April 1st. He said I didn't even need to be home for the engineer to connect the line to the green box outside the flat (usually done within 48 hours).

However, the engineer may need to know that my flat is at the back of the house on the top floor, to connect it outside. I've marked the cable from my window at the side of the house (driveway) with red electrical tape. I will also make sure I'm ready for them if they call knowing that they might turn up unexpectedly. Please try to get them to connect the line sooner than June 19th. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @tonespectra 

I passed on what you've said about marking the cabling to Openreach via the order notes on Friday and later in the day we were advised an engineer's been booked for the 18th June to complete the installation of the line.

The notification you've received of the 19th June would be referring to your broadband to go live by midnight on the 18th, the system that sends out those notifications likes to (confusingly) think of midnight as 00:00:00.

Unfortunately as mentioned via Twitter, our suppliers helpdesk for new provision queries are closed, because they're prioritising vulnerable customers and key workers. Send me a PM via Twitter if you feel you fall into this category.

Failing that I'm afraid there's not much more we can do at this stage to progress your order. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tonespectra
Dabbler

Hello. The reason given for this 3-month delay is because Openreach claim to need access to (inside) my flat, but they don't. The line installation was done on 01/04/2020. I actually heard the transmitter signal beeping outside and the engineer said the line & socket were working fine, it just needs to be connected to the green box outside. How would I know this otherwise? To confirm this, please tell Openreach to call the engineer 'Neville' who did the job on 01/04/2020. I don't believe Openreach are any more likely to complete the job on June 19th, and even if they do, they'll realise they didn't need to enter my flat again anyway. The Chorlton Openreach department is just at the top of my road, and the underground connection is right outside next-door's house! I'm happy to stay home to plug a transmitter into the wall if necessary, having now clearly marked the cable (and window above saying OPENREACH). Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand what you’ve said however we’ve no way of contacting our suppliers helpdesk, because they’ve closed unless you’re a key worker or you’re a vulnerable customer. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tonespectra
Dabbler

Hello. I'm not myself a 'vulnerable person', but although I've taken extreme precautions, I have had to access the internet by entering a family member's home who would otherwise be better off being completely isolated. It was either that, or remain completely cut-off without any clue to what's going on without financial advice or support. Without connection, I can't use the time to up-skill or look for work. Everyone in my building has internet. Openreach turn up April 1st, connect my flat and then claim they haven't got time to plug the outside cable into a box until June 19th. I don't get it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @tonespectra I'm seeing what I can do to escalate this with our suppliers and I'll provide an update on to your ticket 200695766 before the close of play today.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tonespectra
Dabbler

Thanks but on Friday they just delayed it even further to the 24th June (was the 19th). Thanks for trying anyway.