cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I signed up to the right package?

Walter21
Hooked

Have I signed up to the right package?

Hi folks, I have just moved over to plusnet and signed upto the unlimited fibre extra, 66 MB, with the offer of the reward voucher . I always find choosing a package abit of a nightmare. I want to pay enough to get the service that I need and don’t want to overpay unnecessarily.  I work from home 4 days, often needing to use MS teams. We do a bit of streaming from catch up TV and YouTube but no gaming. It’s just 2 adults, so a max of 2 devices, ie an iPad and YouTube is accessed via phone. Does this sound like the right package? Thanks in advance for any advice 🙏🏻

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Have I signed up to the right package?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Walter21
Hooked

Hi

please can you tell me where to find your response? I’m also new to this forum 🙈🙈

Thank you 

Alison 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Walter21 Your post has been moved to a more appropriate section by a moderator who is not a Plusnet staff member. With any luck someone will respond.

Walter21
Hooked

Thanks for your response…I will get the hang of it ☺️☺️

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Alison,

The package you've signed up on is our fastest which you should be able to get an estimated speed of between 65mbps to 80mbps which is really good so you shouldn't have any issues with streaming or working.

For a little cheaper though you could go for our basic fibre package which offers maximum 40mbps download speed, which I'd say for what you've said, this would still be more than sufficient. 

Also from what I can see you actually signed up on a reward card offer. If there was definitely this showing as available for the package you selected, it's possible the offer didn't track properly.

This is normally if you browse to various sites looking at offers then go back to another site to complete the purchase, sometimes the reward card element of the offer gets a little muddled.

What I'd recommend doing if you're wanting a reward card which should avoid this, is to clear what's known as cookies and cache from your web browser's settings and make sure you only have one tab open when signing up.

I realise though this is sometimes a little convoluted but it's not always the case though it does seem like it here.

If not getting the reward card is a deal breaker I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to see what we can do. We may be able to either add a reward card to the offer retrospectively, or cancel your order and then place a new order for you instead.

Let me know if you've got further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet