Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Day 50, no connection from talktalk transfer

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: HELP!!! Day 50, no connection from talktalk transfer

Thanks for getting back to me @PaulandClare 

I'm afraid that as per my previous response the system hadn't allocated the job to an engineer so this wasn't in an engineer's workstack to pick up or contact yourself. I've discussed this further with one of Openreach's team supervisors on their helpdesk and they've rang their 'controls' team (this is a backend team who allocate jobs to engineers) and they've increased the priority on the job which means that we shouldn't be repeating history on Thursday.

From the information we've been given regarding the initial order to activate our services on the day your service with TalkTalk ceased, this got stuck in the supplier systems due to the number port, however I appreciate we likely could've avoided this situaton by being proactive on the order in the first instance.

With regards to compensation I have already advised that I'll be happy to discuss this once you're up and running. We'd wait until then so we can assess a fair and proportionate compensation based on how long it's taken in total.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

So just for clarification you earlier replied :
2 hours ago
Hi @PaulandClare

I've spoken with our suppliers helpdesk and the engineer's running late. They should arrive within half an hour.

Did you just make that up then and waste my afternoon, or did the engineer not have a job to start with that I had confirmed yesterday? And then send an inaccurate message?Huh

If I have to leave work early to be here for an appointment and then miss out on my day sleep as I work nights / early mornings, I expect a better service from both PN and Openreach, both part of the BT family.

If the engineer had come and I missed it, I am sure there would have been a penalty.

My hands are tied, I can’t do anything but wait, again.

Please send confirmation of the confirmation of an engineers confirmed appointment on Thursday morning at the latest.

Thanks for the effort so far
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I apologise for the incorrect information about the engineer arriving I received from our suppliers that I passed on to yourself. The booked appointment is between 1pm and 6pm on 19/11/20 and we won't know precisely when in the timeslot the engineer will arrive as we can't contact the engineer directly I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Happy Thursday Gandalf

FYI

I have had 2 contacts from Openreach - the latest reply to me directly said :

Our engineer [name & number removed] has your job and will call you before working on your task

I will update you later - fingers crossed Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @PaulandClare

Let me know how it goes

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Kelly Coms o/b Openreach have now left.

Phone line active.

There was a short on the line somewhere, but after visiting the 'box', managed to connect us

We have the new master socket install by BT last year or so, but we still have copper connection in the system.

It will probably need upgrading, or waiting for a space at the exchange

Please monitor our line & we will check up/down over the next 48 hours

the engineer connected the new router and telephone

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @PaulandClare

I'm happy to see the engineer got your services installed. The order's still open with our suppliers but that should close off before midnight tonight and we'll activate your account our side once that's done which will allow your router to fully connect to the internet (In some instances you may be able to connect sooner but things might be slower than normal)

Once that's completed which should hopefully be by tomorrow I'll see where we are with fibre.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Just FYI as I never herad back - The broadbannd never worked! I left it the required time before connecting until the next day. I tried both ports on the router & retried different login details thinking i made a mistake. After contacting PN CS using my new free landline for the first time in over a month, we tried all combinattions of resets, hard resets, chanding ports, trying test ports with filters, without filters and generally giving up. An Openreach engineer was scheduled for today and after a little rethinking, checked the setup. We were still setup as Fibre on the green box, not DSL, as per recoonection, so now its working ahead of upgrading to Fibre in the next few weeks. I had to agree to pay £65 if there was not fault on the line and again leave work early to be here, but this was an Openreach failure from Thursday. Today we have broadband at almost 6Mb. It has been 31 days since we had any connection and 57 days since we transferred contractually to you (2 months and a day since signing up). Lets hope the transition to fibre (a simple switch at the green cabinet on the roadside) will prove less problematic. Once connected to the service i am paying for (Fibre) i look foreard to immediate reimbersal of costs for loss of service, additional costs for mobile broadband agreed already, and goodwill gestures promised in addition to our £75 signup bonus in our original contract over 2 months ago. @Gandalf - thankyou for all you have done, although we are not finished - i see alight at the end of the tunnel 😇
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've been updating you regularly on the support ticket you can view and respond to via your account Here. From what I can see I wasn't made aware that your broadband didn't work following the order completing, however I'm happy to see you called in and we booked an engineer visit who fixed the problem at the cabinet. 

Your fibre service is due to go live on 02/12/20 before midnight. Once that's sorted I'll also be happy to discuss compensation. I'll be sure to keep on top of this providing updates via the support ticket 207511717.

[edit]

If there are further issues in the meantime before the 2nd please do let me know by replying to the aforementioned ticket

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

@Gandalf

We have never had a issue with PN customer service, if fact you have been fab. It’s just the processes and the setup that fails PN. In the last instance it’s Oenreach that failed, but that still lies with PN!

I will update if anything goes wrong before Fibre upgrade on the 2nd - Openreach don’t need access to our home for that one - it’s a reverse of the operation this morning

Until the 2nd - thank you & goodbye
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @PaulandClare and thanks for the kind words. Smiley

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly when an engineer goes out on the 2nd. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet