HELP!!! Day 50, no connection from talktalk transfer

PaulandClare
Dabbler

HELP!!! Day 50, no connection from talktalk transfer

We order fibre using uswitch recommendations

The order was placed on September 22nd for transfer on October 7th. Nothing

I called to update order date & PN cancelled order internally

Called again after TT cut off phone & broadband- start process again

Call a week later - no order on system. Offered to pay for mobile broadband costs and £50+ of mobile charges while on hold for 2 hours over 3 calls, as no landline to call for free.

Check account to see ETA and my message on order to call me cancelled order apparently

Call again and reorder by PN

Order update says no fibre connection at exchange available

Walk to nearest non vandalised payphone a mile away to spend an hour on the phone accepting a DSL max 3Mb line with 0.8Mag guaranteed just to get order rolling, with upgrade at a later date

No feedback or calls, only that order has been changed by supplier and we might need a new socket.

We have a new docket from BT, PN have already sent a router and no sign of a Openreach engineer anytime soon

Address & Postcode checker show all fibre, broadband options available

Day 50, no internet, kids off half term last week with no Netflix, nowtv, amazon prime that I still pay for but cannot use

PN are supposed to be the best at customer service - not right now!!

Any advice welcome

I do not want to call in case it cancels the order again

OFCOM awaits, but cannot complain until service is installed
25 REPLIES 25
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: HELP!!! Day 50, no connection from talktalk transfer

Thanks for your post @PaulandClare 

I'm really sorry to see your transfer's gone horribly wrong. 

Having reviewed this I can see the initial order we placed to transfer your service got stuck in the supplier systems due to the port of your landline telephone number not being confirmed, which meant that your services stopped on the initial date of 07/10/20 we advised your previous provider and your services did not activate with us.

We then replaced the order to reprovide the services but at that point fibre wasn't showing as available so the order failed. Upon replacing the order again to provide standard broadband, we chose to retain your landline telephone number however as that's no longer active and is in a quarantine period, the order failed to progress.

I've now replaced the order to provide standard broadband and a new telephone number. As soon as we've got a confirmed activation date which should be within the next 24 hours I'll try my best to get that brought forward to asap.

With regards to your landline number, when a number exists on a different network other than BT's and then is ceased the number goes back to whoever's network it was first made on and released into a pool of available numbers.

Currently your number's not yet released however I've escalated this with our suppliers number porting team, as this process isn't immediate, to avoid further delay I've decided to place the order with a new number and then renumber your line after once the order completes and you're back up and running.

Regarding fibre, from what I can see your property is connected onto a fibre enabled cabinet (the green box in the road) but there aren't any spare ports but once capacity's available again we'll be able to upgrade your service.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward and I'll follow things up with you tomorrow at the latest. I've moved this ticket to my workflow so you can contact me through this ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=207511717 and I'll make sure I get back to you as soon as I can.

Once everything's sorted I'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture/compensation as part of a complaint resolution for the delay and inconvenience you've been caused. Really sorry again for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf for your positive support, i replied to the online question to say that the old number wasnt important and to install the quickest setup. this morning I received this message from PN: "Your broadband service is due to become active at midnight on 25/11/20 Please dont setup up your router until we confirm your sservice is active." This sounds very much like another reset from last Thursdays ADSL installation and another 2 weeks. I am pulling my hair out. Stop moving the goal posts. My wife and i will have to work from home for a few more weeks, and now that will take us up to 2 months and 3 days from order, 49 days from transfer date and 35 days after TalkTalk turned off the line after PN messsed up the transfer, install, connection, conatcting us.... under ofcom compensation we are £5 for everyday since initial transfer date. So £180 and counting, £245 by new date, plus the goodwill already offered. We have exhausred alll our data on our mobiles, and nearly out of the data bundles i bought last month to cover half term. Can someone not send me a mifi router with a plusnet unlimited sim until this is resolved as a matter of urgency. We will deal with Ofcom once connected and maybe your CSC, Provisioning and transfer teams can learn from this mess. Dont let me down PN, I know you are better than this, otherwise i wouldnt still be waiting secure the line at the exchange, iniatiate it and activate the line. we have a new BT socket, fibre connections to junction and a new plusnet router waiting!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @PaulandClare 

The message you've received this morning was just automated. Due to the way that the supplier ordering process works when requesting an expedite, we'd need to first wait for an order to be confirmed in the supplier systems before our suppliers can put through a fast-track request for a sooner date.

I'm happy to confirm that the engineer visit's been brought forward to 17/11/20 between 8am and 1pm. Ideally I'd have loved an even sooner slot but I'm afraid that expedites are still ultimately subject to engineer availability.

I understand what you've said about the automatic compensation but as we've not signed up to this we can't base compensation on this however I'll be happy to make sure we offer something fair and proportionate given the mistakes we've made and the long delays we've caused.

At this stage I feel that the priority is to get you up and running first. Unfortunately we can't send out a Mi-Fi router as a temporary measure, if we could I'd have happily arranged this.

I'll check back on the 17/11/20 in the hope that's the day your broadband with us is finally working.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

So it’s the 17th!!!

I took the morning off work for the Openreach engineer. Received a confirmation text yesterday for 8am - 1pm. That time has now passed.

I hold no confidence in the engineer contacting me to update, and I have even less faith that Plusnet will follow up.

Please can you find an answer ASAP

Day 56 since order processed
Day 41 since transfer date
Day 25 no home phone or internet

Living on 2G/3G mobile data
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've been keeping an eye on this all morning, I'm sorry to see the engineer's not arrived yet.

Please leave this with me to chase up with our suppliers and I'll update your ticket shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

I am not going anywhere!!! We will wait on the off chance they fulfill their orders today and find space

Let them know we be here

Thanks 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @PaulandClare 

I've spoken with our suppliers helpdesk and the engineer's running late. They should arrive within half an hour.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Fingers crossed. I need to pop to school at the end of the road (100m away) at 3, should be 5 minutes. I bet they turn up then!!

Don’t tell them -will leave a note Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

I accidentally clicked ‘fixed’ - nobody came in the last 90 minutes despite the promise of half an hour!!

This is shocking - I hope Openreach have to pay a penalty for wasting my day.
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Is there an ‘unfix’ button. I don’t want PN to think it’s resolved!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to see the engineer hasn't arrived. Please bare with me while I chase this up. 

Also we don't base a resolution on the fix of a post. Your ticket 207511717 is still open and logged as a complaint. Even after a topic on here is marked as fixed it'll still stay open to posts for around a year before auto-locking.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Having discussed this with our suppliers again upon further investigation the system hasn't allocated the job to an engineer.

From what we can see this is due to engineer availability. Our suppliers helpdesk have re-booked the engineer visit for 19/11/20 between 1pm and 6pm which is the earliest slot showing as an expedite request in their systems.

I understand this is another delay and I'm really sorry that an engineer wasn't able to attend today. I'll as previously monitor your order and I'll check back on 19/11/20. If you've got any further concerns, please respond to this ticket Here as it'll come straight back to me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PaulandClare
Dabbler

Yet another delay, no compensation for missed engineer visit - Openreach text my mobile, so why does it take the customer nearly 4 hours after the 8-1pm window to get such an unsatisfactory response.

Why didn’t Openreach contact me. I can’t call them direct & now this is just another excuse that should never have happened as PN failed to handover with TalkTalk

This will take us up to a month with no internet or phone line, when we are supposed to be working from home

unbelievable!!!!

Thursday 1-6pm awaits