cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got website error after credit card details - The order is paid, but I have no way to log in

diegovi

Got website error after credit card details - The order is paid, but I have no way to log in

I just ordered a broadband and phone plan, I introduced my card details to check out, the payment was effective. Afterwards, I've been required to introduce my account details in order to use the Direct Debit system, which I did. Then the website crashed, I got a screen with a "we had a problem" message and now I have £23,99 less in my bank account and no Plusnet login account, no confirmation email, no way to check what was wrong. I need help with this, I've been half an hour waiting on the phone and no one is answering from technical support.

3 REPLIES 3
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Got website error after credit card details - The order is paid, but I have no way to log in

Being honest you're best going to options on this not tech-they deal with active service problems, but can't do much with website problems or missing accounts.

What I would say here though is has the payment left the account or just left the available balance? If it's the latter it's possible the crash meant the payment didn't fully process on pnets side, so the account isn't created but the bank set the money aside waiting for it to be collected.

Happened to me paying my mobile bill before (voda). In that case the bank will put the money back in available-usually about a week though if you check with options whether there's an account or not they'll tell you whether pnet will actually take the money. If not you can usually ask the bank to release it back early and try again.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Got website error after credit card details - The order is paid, but I have no way to log in

I believe you can do a pre-authorisation.

Basically any company can request money from a card as a deposit. It will then appear to have come out of your account. The company are then guaranteed that money should they wish to claim it - they have so long to do so and if they don't it will go back into your account.

I've had this happen to me when I hired a van when I was moving. £150 pre-auth on my credit card. I returned the van intact so nothing happened Smiley

In your case I am not sure what happened to be honest, hopefully a member of staff will pick this thread up shortly and let you know.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi diegovi , Can you please give us a PM with the username you entered so I can see if an account was created. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team