Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got phone - waiting on Broadband

FIXED
Luke_A
Fixes: 1

Got phone - waiting on Broadband

Hi,

I got a notification this morning to say that my home phone service is now ready to use.

Any idea how soon I can expect the broadband portion of my order to complete? This is my second time placing this order due to some issues with the first one. The first time round, I received two seperate dates for activation, one for home phone and one for broadband, this time round I only received a date for the phone portion of the order (28th September).

The second part of my question is that there is no dial tone when I plug in a landline phone - this is not a problem directly, since neither me or my partner have need for a landline phone anyway, but it would be annoying if this got in the way of us getting online.

All the Best,

7 REPLIES 7
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Got phone - waiting on Broadband

As far as I’m aware a broadband order can generally take up to midnight to complete on the day the phone goes live. 

If your phone doesn’t work this will likely mean that your broadband won’t either until that’s fixed. Run a line test online here: https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

This will raise a fault straight to Openreach if there’s an external fault found. If the troubleshooter gives an error, try checking your account for an open ticket or question as it may still have raised something. 

Luke_A

Thanks for your response.
I tried the tool and it did throw an error, as you indicated it might. No sign of a ticket on my account though (the last one I have was today at about 1pm, something about a BT reference and BT circuit number?).

I suppose I'll call Plusnet support tomorrow - hoping I can get through, they seem busy lately and the service doesn't put me on hold, just hangs up.

Also hoping that the fix doesn't take too long - the original date I was supposed to go live was the 11th, and living off mobile data is slightly frustrating, given that there's two of us trying to work from home at the moment!
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Sounds like there’s something happening with the broadband so that may go live overnight but the issue with the phone may stop it from working.

Try plugging your phone into the test socket https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 which is behind the faceplate of the master socket.

If there’s still no dial tone, raise a fault ticket at http://faults.plus.net under the ‘no dial tone’ path which should get you into the queue for an adviser to pick up, normally within 72 hours.

If you can get through over the phone tomorrow that’d be the quickest way to report the fault.

Luke_A

I took the faceplate off, and I notice first that there seems to be no wiring infrastructure of any kind in the socket. In addition, the test socket also doesn't produce a dial tone.

Should Plusnet not be aware of this given that they've sold me this package? Does this address not show as disconnected in their system?

Sorry if I'm ranting - it's just frustrating. I'll try and call them at lunchtime today.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Luke_A

Fix

Spoke to a very helpful guy over the phone - they suspect that there are some crossed lines at the cabinet. An engineer has been arranged to come out tomorrow morning (Much quicker than I expected!). Thanks for your input!

I never would've thought Thrall would've retired from shamanism to help people out on Plusnet forums Smiley

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Haha everybody needs a hobby. 

Good luck with the engineer today!