Did you mean: 

Going Round in Circles!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Going Round in Circles!

Thanks for getting back to me with the updates,

Yeah it seems that the stopped line we reactivated was the same line you had with BT. Sounds like Paul's arranging what's called a pair prove, which basically means an engineer goes out to physically confirm how the line is routed, and then records are updated accordingly to match that.

It's something that the fibre enquiries team can also arrange although they'd normally take around 3 working days to pick up the formwize and then advise us to allow 7 days for the pair prove. 

Looks like this is arranged a lot sooner! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

The case has been solved! Had an openreach engineer out today. Found that there was no dial tone on my line. Went to the DB and found the pair coming from my house was looped and put away as spare

When I cancelled my ADSL broadband a few months ago, an openreach engineer , while supplying a neighbour, has used my routing and put my pair from my house as spare

This is why openreach has no routing records for my line.

It’s amazing they’ve taken this long to call someone out and admit something strange is going on, instead of passing the buck and believing their records, following protocol

Anyways the records should be updated on Monday I’ll let you know
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the update, it’s odd because there are records but no fibre availability. Out of interest when you were with BT was fibre showing as available?
Either way fingers crossed the engineer’s efforts today mean this is sorted on Monday and I’ll look forward to hopefully placing the fibre order then.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

That’s because fibre only was enabled in the cabinet after I cancelled my broadband. It was a community led voucher system that kicked the fibre project off about 2 years ago but the cabinet didn’t get fibre enabled until two months ago (after I had already cancelled ADSL to go with 4G) that’s why there won’t be any record of fibre ever been available at my property
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the clarification. Makes sense, we’ll see what Monday brings.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

Hello. I haven't had official confirmation from openreach yet but i have just refreshed the adsl checker and can see the following now using the phone number:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 62.5 20 19 56.6 Available -- --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 60 20 19 54.6 Available -- --
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @Dalesey

I can see @Gandalf has this in hand for you and we'll confirm the go-live data as soon as.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Dalesey
Dabbler

Yes that's great thanks 

Dalesey
Dabbler

Good morning. Just checking that today is still the go live date?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Dalesey 

Yup the fibre order is still in progress to complete today, I'll check back towards the end of the day.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet