cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go live tomorrow (2 Oct 20) but no router yet!

FIXED
AnnM45
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Go live tomorrow (2 Oct 20) but no router yet!

Hi,  I have a broadband upgrade in progress that is due to go live on Fri 2 Oct.  The order was placed on Fri 25 Sep.

During ordering I was told a new router would be required and this would be sent in the post and will fit through the letterbox.  

I'm a little concerned that the router has not yet arrived with the switch supposed to be happening tomorrow.

Can someone reassure me the router has been sent and is on its way to me?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
redtux
Dabbler

Re: Go live tomorrow (2 Oct 20) but no router yet!

Exactly same situation here

AnnM45
Hooked

So I am assuming this order is not going ahead. 

No router and no emails or texts confirming the upgrade to fibre.  I have checked my bank account, and the router delivery charge of £6.99 has been debited from my account, dated 25 Sept (order date). 

When I look in my account summary it sems to show the most recent order (dated 25/09/2020) is for the current service - essentials! The 18 month contract updgrade to fibre is dated 01/01/1970!!!

Is this why the order is 'stuck' in the system?

Will I loose access to the internet if a change is made at the other end of my phone line (is it Plusnet or Openreach that complete this order?)

20201002-delivery_charge.PNG20201002-Plusnet_order_summary.PNG

AnnM45
Hooked

...and now at 11:12 on THE DAY OF UPGRADE a text is received:

"Hi from Plusnet. Your router is in the post, it'll arrive in a few days"

My son has taken time off work today to sort this out for me, based on the order summary and email stating the transfer was taking place on 02 Oct.  Simply unacceptable.

redtux
Dabbler

Thats more than I've got

AnnM45
Hooked

Shocking isn't it.  Reading this forum doesn't instil confidence in their customer service ability! (although I know I'm not seeing a representative amount of positive posts to make a comparison).

Just managed to get through on the phone to customer services (after 45 minutes)

AnnM45
Hooked

Fix

Very helpful guy on the phone (Mark J at the Sheffield call centre) , worth persevering on hold (0800 number) if you can.

So, apparently the first date given to me (2 Oct) was a provisional (earliest) install date; and this later got changed to a confirmed date - 7 Oct in my case.  7 Oct ties in with the router being sent out today (3-5 day delivery), and it means service won't be lost at the end of today.  At no point was the 7 Oct date communicated to me.

I believe the confusion arose because the order summary and email clearly stated:  

This will change over on 2nd October 2020     (my emphasis)

Plusnet - I suggest you keep the customer updated of ALL changes to an order, particularly the date in install/provision!  This would cut down your support queue!

rubymae07

Hi my text said that it came day after first class post.They posted the rooter

Tuesday got it Wednesday Royal Mail.