Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Live Date

FIXED
richardbarber
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Go Live Date

Hello everyone, I wonder if someone can help. I ordered fibre recently and received my new router this morning.

I wondered when the go live date will be particularly since I am already with PlusNet on non-fibre. If they turn this off (then I cannot receive any emails) and activate fibre how will I know.

Is it simply a case that my current connection dies therefore fibre is active, and I then setup new router?

Many thanks

Richard

12 REPLIES 12
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Go Live Date

@richardbarber 

Can't help with change date but your new router will work with ADSL so you can change it out anytime. Note the new router will have a different SSID and password.

Brian  

richardbarber
Grafter

Many thanks Brian SSID?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Richard, thanks for getting in touch with us via our community forums.

To confirm your fibre service is due to go live at some point on the 28th November, we initially requested the 20th but this was pushed back due to engineer availability in your area unfortunately.

If you setup your new router now, it'll automatically switch to fibre once the engineering work has been carried out (You'd normally only experience up to 30 minutes drop in your connection)

An SSID is another term for a wireless network, so if you have any wireless devices you'll need to connect them to the new wireless network using the new wireless password on the back of the router.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richardbarber
Grafter

That helps enormously. Thank you so much.

Regards.

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem, let us know how the upgrade goes on the day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

richardbarber
Grafter

Hoping its still on for tomorrow.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@richardbarber 

You could check the DSLChecker to see if there's any narrative after the results about an "open order" on the line.

www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

richardbarber
Grafter

Thank you Brian. Most helpful. Yes, all ready to run tomorrow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @richardbarber 

I've checked your order for you from our side and I can confirm your fibre is still due to go live today.

Let us know how things look by the evening.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richardbarber
Grafter

Well the router/hub starting flashing different colours at around 8:30 this morning. It settled back down, with the blue light, around 25 minutes later. Ran a speed test and am getting a fraction over 39 megabits (download). This is excellent since my max. Speed was advertised at 40 megabits.

It was so quick and painless.

I am delighted with it and would like to thank you, and others, that have helped me out here.

Best wishes.

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @richardbarber Excellent. Cheesy I suspected that may have been the case as you had a drop in your connection around then.

It looks like the remainder of the work on the order to complete it is now just administrative work.

I'm glad to see that you've got perfect fibre speeds and it was quick and easy. Thumbs_Up

Feel feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet