cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my Broadband installed

redjim

Getting my Broadband installed

I'm due have my broadband installed on 07/04/20. An engineer is supposed to call but due to COVID 19 I'm aware that they can't come in my house.

I currently have a physical landline connected to my house and a phone socket, but the phone service was switched off  a few years ago when I decided that I would just use my mobile.

Because the physical infrastructure is in place will they still be able to connect my service? I have an ADSL adapter that I can plug into my phone socket to connect the router when it comes.

If the broadband can't be installed on time can I have confirmation that my Direct Debit payments won't be taken until my service is installed? Or can I cancel my order, and if so how?

Also will Plusnet or Openreach contact me nearer the time to let me know what is happening or discuss my options?

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Getting my Broadband installed

Thanks for getting in touch @redjim

Our number one priority is to keep our customers connected at this time. Following guidance from our network partners at Openreach, we are continuing to provision new and existing customers where an engineer visit is not required or where work we do can be completed outside the home as normal.

For customers requiring an in-home visit, we are looking to prioritise essential work for vulnerable customers and those without service, however for all other customers this may result in a delayed connection date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team