cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Totally Baffled Now

Witchy
Dabbler

Getting Totally Baffled Now

Trying to move over to Plusnet from the Post Office, but now the latest notice from yourselves is....

"I can see the supplier have advised there is an open order with another provider on the line. I would kindly ask you to contact your current provider and ask them to remove this so we can place our orders"

What does this actually mean? dont you deal with everything to do with the change over? dont really fancy phoning the Post Office as they are rubbish!

35 REPLIES 35
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Getting Totally Baffled Now

Did you tell Post Office you were leaving, they have probably placed a cease order on the line. PlusNet can't do anything about this, they are not allowed to cancel an order made by another provider, so you will need to talk to Post Office and find out what they have done and cancel any order they have placed. Best of luck.Smiley

Witchy
Dabbler

No not told the Post office anything, only contact with a net provider is with Plusnet through the internet 😕

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Witchy

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with switching your service to us.

Unfortunately it looks like your current provider has placed a cease order on your broadband connection, which is preventing us from getting an order in place to takeover the line.

Would you be able to contact them to cancel this order?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

If the OP has had no contact with the GPO, then one has to presume that someone at GPO took this action consequential to being advised of PNs take over intent?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Witchy
Dabbler

How would the post office know? I never told them anything, not spoken to them in months Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There can be numerous reasons as to why a cease order might be placed onto a line.

Unfortunately we can't place an order until this is cancelled. When the cease order completes it's likely you'll lose service and might be without a connection whilst our orders are progressing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Witchy
Dabbler

without net and phone, your kidding right, my husband is disabled and its his life line to the outside world, not happy, never had this problem changing to anyone before.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I wish we could stop the cease order, but since we haven't placed it there isn't anything we can do I'm afraid.

Are you not able to get in touch with the Post Office?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Witchy
Dabbler

I just phoned the Post Office and they have said there is no cease order placed on their end

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Witchy wrote:

never had this problem changing to anyone before.

But have you ever changed FROM GPO before?  On the basis of what has been reported, this is a move AWAY FROM issue, not a MOVE TO issue.  BTOR will not permit a working line take over where the current CP has outstanding orders on the line.

Right now if GPO own your line; they are the only people who can manage anything to do with EXISTING orders on your line.

@Gandalf - are you able to verify the CP tags on the line to confirm that it is the GPO?  Are you able to find out the BTOR order ID to help @Witchy query the GPO?

Is it possible that digits have been transposed in the phone number and the line at the property and the one that the attempt to place the orders on are not the same?

I recall an occasion where I transposed two digits on an order and (because it was processed manually) did not get caught by the automated address / phone no location verification by BTw / BTOR.  Is there any possibility that applies here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

are you able to verify the CP tags on the line to confirm that it is the GPO?  Are you able to find out the BTOR order ID to help @Witchy query the GPO?

Unfortunately not. It isn't something we have visibility of. I've even contacted our suppliers and it's not something they can reveal to us.

I believe the current provider of the line *should* be able to find out more information.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman

GPO? The GPO has not existed since 1969. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK - Post Office!

Witchy
Dabbler

I have phoned the Post office though and they have said there is no cease order placed or anything on their end Sad