Frustrating move experience!

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Frustrating move experience!

Thanks for the heads up.

I've not received anything further from Openreach but I can see that fibre is showing as available when searching the BT database via your landline phone number also. I've emailed them back to clarify, but to try to avoid missing this chance I've placed an order to modify your service to fibre.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Superdario
Grafter

Great - if you could let me know proposed dates etc.

Struggling with the broadband at the moment, so slow compared to fibre!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, and aye I'll keep an eye on this and let you know when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good news, your fibre order is committed for 25/02/2019. I'll check back on the 27/02/2019 as I'm out of the office then though I've moved the support ticket on your account to my teams workflow to check back in my absence.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Superdario
Grafter

Well, todays the day... hoping by the time I get back from work its sorted!

Router went off this morning, back to blue after a reset but speed test still shows 2mb.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Superdario 

Let us know what is looking like when you get back from work. 

Fingers crossed everything is working properly when you're back. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Superdario
Grafter

Sorry for the late reply @MasterOfReality

Fibre was active when I got home, we did seem to have some dropouts last night and the Sonos didnt work this morning, not sure if thats due to a dropout as it needs a wifi connection.

Any chance of checking the logs?

@Gandalf thanks again for sorting - are we able to have a chat now fibres resolved?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looks like there were a couple of drops yesterday afternoon and one in the morning.

I believe @Gandalf is back in the office tomorrow so I'll leave the ticket with him for now to discuss that further with you tomorrow on his return.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @Superdario, sorry for the delayed reply I'm glad to see your fibre service is now active. Are you free for a call tomorrow? I'd be available anytime between 10:30 to 12, or 3 to 4, or 5 to 7. Let me know when the best time is for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Superdario
Grafter

@Gandalf

Welcome back! Im available 10:30 till 11:30.

Had some dropouts again this morning I think as well as last night about 10pm Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK cool I'll run some tests on your line and give you a ring before 11:30. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your time on the phone @Superdario
I've updated the ticket on your account following our conversation regarding the gesture of goodwill.
Let me know how it goes once you've tried plugging your router into the test socket and if your connection continues to drop out we'd be able to arrange an engineer visit with you to investigate this further.
Regarding moving your master phone socket to a different location within your property, if we order this it'll cost £160 however if we arrange an engineer as part of a fault investigation and your master socket is found to need renewing, the engineer may agree to move the socket as part of the work they carry out though it's not something we'd be able to guarantee as it'd be at the engineer's discretion.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet