cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Delays to my Order

YMan
Hooked

Frustrating Delays to my Order

My switch of phone and broadband from BT to PlusNet was due to be completed on 23rd Jan.

Since then, I have had delays due to failed orders, orders stuck in the system, and incompatible products,

Yesterday, I was informed that all outstanding activities were complete and I should have a service again. 

This was not the case and today I've been informed there has been an open exception on the order and will need to wait until next Friday for an update. 

Next Friday will be a full month since my migration should have completed and is still not a confirmed activation date!

I'm not really expecting things to be resolved any quicker but just feel the need to vent my frustrations.

17 REPLIES 17
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Frustrating Delays to my Order

Hi there, I'm really sorry about the repeat issues that have set things back for you here. 

We're not able to get any movement prior to the next review date on Friday I'm afraid but I can make sure this is chased up as a matter of urgency then. I've set myself a reminder for Friday to take ownership of that and escalate the issue accordingly. 

I'm sorry I can't do or tell you more at the moment but I should be able to make some ground on this for you then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi @YMan,

A warm welcome to the forums.

This has all the hallmarks of issues within PlusNet's supplier's (BTw / BTOR) business systems.  Orders fail therein for a multitude of THEIR issues ... which just get passed back to the ISP for resolution.  The fact that Adam has not been explicit about what the issue is could be indicative that BTOR have not been clear of the reason for delays.

Is this a fibre order?

Did you tell Sky BT you were leaving?  This one act can cause no end of issues, as they then place a cease order on the line and no ISP can place orders until the cease is actioned.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

YMan
Hooked

Hi

I was migrating away from BT.  I didn't tell them directly that I was leaving but did get confirmation from them that I would be terminated on the switch date.

My order was for fibre as I was told I could get it.  After the initial failed order I was told that i couldn't get fibre and had to downgrade to ADSL.

Regards

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@adamwalker,

What is the history here please?

Did BT Retail place a cease order on the line?  If this were fully gaining supplier led then the line ought never to have ceased until the Plusnet takeover was securely in place - what ever service type is finally provided.

Why did the order fail?

Is there any insight here as to how an order was taken for fibre when it could not be fulfilled?  IS it possible that at the time the order was taken that there were fibre ports available, however at the time the order could finally be placed on BTw (due to BT Retail having placed a cease on the line) that there were in fact no spare fibre ports in the cabinet.

Was it then the case that due to the way BTw ordering works, Plusnet was back to a new minimum lead time for ordering ADSL?

If any of the delay was down to BTw / BTOR process failures (for example like the failure of their systems earlier this month), is there room for an escalated provide or for DSO escalation to maintain brand image integrity?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi YMan could you please inbox me your account username so that I cvan investigate this for you.

I'm really sorry to hear about the delays as it's generally a straight forward process unless there are capacity issues encountered. 

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks. 

- Ollie 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Yman.

I checked over your account and sadly there is an open exception which needs to be closed. 

Due to how the system works if they do not close automatically after 24 working hours a bridge case has to be raised which is usually 3-5 working days to close not including weekends or bank holidays. 

It's a system issue that's encountered on occasion with our suppliers and we have to wait for them to rectify the issue as we don't manage their servers. We understand your frustration surrounding this and can look into a gesture of goodwill once you're live. 

Your update regarding this is set for the 23rd February by end of day.

If you need me please feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks.

YMan
Hooked

Hi

I've had a message that I now have to wait until the 27th for an update.

Any idea what the problem is now?

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry to disappoint, I can see there's a separate system issue affecting your order which is being looked into and we should be able to update you on the 27th. I'm taking ownership now so that I can make the next call and make sure we're pushing back on our suppliers as much as we can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
YMan
Hooked

Hi

Any further updates?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

I've just been chasing this up and the issues affecting the order are still outstanding. 

As I'm sure you do we don't find this acceptable so I've escalated the issue.

I've been advised that a supervisor will update me via email within the next few hours. I'll continue to chase it up if I don't hear anything. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
YMan
Hooked

Hi

Any more news?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Due to the system issues our suppliers have had with your fibre order they've unfortunately had to cancel it with a view that we can replace the order which should go through OK this time.

I've just done this now and as soon as it's confirmed by our suppliers we'll be requesting the order to be expedited due to the delays they've caused.

I'm also contacting our suppliers number porting team so we can renumber your line back to your original phone number. I'll update the ticket Adam has ahold of on your account shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello again,

I'm really sorry about the ongoing delays.

Openreach sent an engineer out over the weekend and he was unable to gain access to your DP (distribution point) 

This is the telephony cabinet built into your apartment block. Facilities management should have the key but when Openreach contacted them the office was closed. 

Could you please provide their contact number on the ticket I have raised and let us know by the forum also that this has been done. This way we can try and speed this along for you as expedite availability is showing wednesday to friday this week. We just need to make sure that the engineer can get the key. 

I hope this information helps and I'm sorry that you have experienced so many barriers. 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=166902847

YMan
Hooked

Hi

I've added contact information to the ticket.

Thanks