cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated New Customer Seeking Status Update

lauren27

Frustrated New Customer Seeking Status Update

I ordered broadband back on 7/10/18.  There was some delay in completion of this as the previous provider had placed a cease on the line, which was due to complete on 10/10/18.

I was advised by a member of the support team on 25/10/18 that this had completed and an order for my broadband and phone line was therefore placed.  I was told at this stage that the activation date would therefore be 8/11/18.

On 31/10/18 a question was then opened which stated the following:

**INTERNAL**

The following KCI message has been received from our suppliers:

Informational:9536:No matching Broadband order found for SIM2CQI4MB,Error:501:Order Rejected

I have replied to this question twice asking for an update but a staff member has not responded.  As of today 5/11/18, my router has not yet arrived.

Very frustrating as I have not even received a reply from support staff regarding the question which was opened on 31/10/18.  Would appreciate a response as soon as possible regarding the status of my order.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Frustrated New Customer Seeking Status Update

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
johnouk79

I'd suggest logging in to account home page then select tools ~ connection settings ~ starter kit to show progress of order
tiffy
Rising Star

@lauren27

My understanding of your situation:

You have moved to a residance where there has been a previous phone/BB installation, previous ISP not known.

Initial delay after requesting PN phone/BB service was due to previous occupant not cancelling their service properly or promptly on vacating the property.

When the line issue was finally resolved you were given a new go live date, approx.14 days later.

Communication from PN since then has been sporadic, confusing or non existant.

With 2 days to go until your promised go live date you have still not received your router and available documentation on line would appear to indicate that the hardware order has been cancelled.

I appreciate your frustration, certainly not a good start with Plusnet.

I can only state as a very long term PN BB/phone user that I have always had very good service from PN and would certainly have the expectation that a staff member would take up your case promptly today and advise you of your current order status.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @lauren27

I'm really sorry to see that you have had a less than positive experience thus far.

I can see that an agent has subsequently attempted to phone you about this and provided an update here

I hope this helps.

All the best, 

MoR

lauren27

Yes I have now received a further date for activation, confirmed by both email and text message.

However, under connection settings it still states that my hardware order has not been placed so I'm unable to track the order for my router.  Hoping this doesn't delay delivery of router even further.

tiffy
Rising Star

@lauren27

Glad to hear that you finally appear to be getting some action with your order all be it with a further deferal of your go live date and the element of doubt still existing on your hardware order, pretty shabby service really and certainly not a good start as a new PN customer.

Although a long term PN phone & BB subscriber, I have had very little occasion to frequent the PN forums, was quite shocked to note the number of still active queries similar to yours from new sign ups on this topic, while I appreciate that the majority of new customers do not experience any issues and as such don't usually feel the need to post their positive experiences, it's still worrying that so many issues exist.

I have always had no hesitation in recommending Plusnet phone & BB services to family, friends and acquaintances due to my positive experience over the years, perhaps I will be less inclined to do so in the future !

On a more positive note, rest assured that with any queries you may have or issues you may experience after installation, help is readily available on this and other forums from the many knowledgable members who are willing to share their experiences and assist where possible.

Please keep the members updated on your progress, hopefully a successful conclusion is not too far away now.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@lauren27 Glad to hear you've received confirmation regarding the orders

With regards to the router I can see this was ordered earlier today and should be with you in time for your activation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team