Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First week in my new place ruined.

hotrod88
Dabbler

First week in my new place ruined.

Hello, 

I've been with PlusNet for about a year now and just moved. 

I am a first-time buyer and wanted to stay with Plus Net, I shopped around as I was told it would be a 4-week wait to move with my account. 

My first call to a plus net agent was very unpleasant and I had to hang up, keep that in your back pocket. 

I was about to switch to Talk Talk but saw Plus Net had a good deal so I called again and asked if I could be switched to this and I would stay, he said yes fine if I paid connection and the first month's bill, not to worry about leaving fee. Plus I would get a £75 prepaid card on top of this. I was sold. So I paid the connection and bill. The agent got me sorted. 

Then I received an email saying I'm being charged an extra £106 odd. I called to ask why they said this was for leaving my previous account...what?

On top of this, the Open Reach engineer took hours to sort the line but got it in place by 1 pm.  The light is blue, my devices recognise it ... but I'm not fully connecting. 

I called again to find out if I'd done something wrong. The agent said I should get an email before midnight to say when I'm activated. It's now 5:30 pm the next day and still nothing.

This has really ruined the first week in my first owned property. If I had known this was going to happen - I would have stayed with Talk Talk's deal and paid the exit fee. 

My heating system, TV, phone, laptop, smart speaker, washing machine, and many other devices work via wifi.

What is going on? I have never had any issues previously when I lived in rented accommodation.

37 REPLIES 37
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: First week in my new place ruined.

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Everything Else to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this afternoon @hotrod88 it was a pleasure to talk to you. I've sent you an email to address the billing issues raised here, as these cannot be shared in the public domain.

I am sorry for the delays we're having with the provision of your services at the new property. This is due to further work needing to be done by Openreach, which our Provisioning Team will chase up tomorrow. I've created an open ticket on your new account, which you can both monitor and respond to here.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hotrod88
Dabbler

Hi Adam, thank you for the call today. Much more helpful than other agents I have spoken to. 

I tried to respond to your message but I wasn't able to. As it's not public domain I have a follow up question, any chance I can DM or talk to you about this?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all @hotrod88, go ahead Smiley

Adam
hotrod88
Dabbler

Which fee did the agent in question did actually waiver? I feel there was a misunderstanding.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The agent you spoke with on 01/11/2021 waived the "activation fee" for your services at your new property, it's usually around £10.00. Smiley

Adam
hotrod88
Dabbler

oh. I wasn't sure what fee was being waivered, should have made it clearer. Keep me updated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @hotrod88

Apologies for the confusion and I'm sorry for the delay with your order.

I've had a look into this for you and reading the engineer notes from the 12/11/21, I can see they've advised they'll have to dig up the ground and lay 6 metres of ducting in order to provide you with a line and broadband.

The engineer submitted what's known as an A55 for traffic management permissions as they'll need to close roads or put up temporary lights to divert traffic while they're digging the ground up.

I've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk and they've advised that we'll need to allow at least 5 full working days from when the engineer went out for an update on the progress so we should know more on 22/11/21.

I've also added more detail about your account(s) onto the support ticket 219564112.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hotrod88
Dabbler

Ok the engineer said there needed to be a dig but didn't say when. 

Next question is: will I be charged for the 2 weeks without internet?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah fair enough. No, what you've paid upfront won't begin until your account activates on our end. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hotrod88
Dabbler

"What you've paid upfront won't begin until your account activates on our end"?

If I've paid it upfront, how will it not begin on 'your end'?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The subscription fees in your initial fee begin from when your account goes live and your next bill is produced a month later.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hotrod88
Dabbler

Okay, fair enough but I've already paid the first month upfront. 

Also, as a result, I've had to pay for extra 4G data.

I'm thinking none of this would have occurred if I had paid the £90 exit fee weeks ago.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@hotrod88 

I appreciate you’ve paid up front but your question was if you will be charged for the time you’ve got no broadband and the answer to that question is no. Smiley

Regardless which provider you go with unless if you went for cable like Virgin Media, you’ll likely have been in the same situation because the crux of the problem is the infrastructure. Openreach need to carry out work underground to install a line to your property.

As a goodwill gesture we’ll be happy to offer you £5 a day in compensation starting from the date we first confirmed when your service should’ve gone live which you can use towards your mobile data.

Let us know on here once you are up and running.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button