Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time setup not possible

FIXED
angellopez

First time setup not possible

Good Morning!
I am trying to connect to my Plusnet hub but It is impossible, my username and password are not recognise.
The line was installed yesterday so in theory I should be able to connect today. Can you check if my account is activated? I am reading some issues here and I think that maybe that's my problem.
Thanks you very much for everything and have a nice day!
7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: First time setup not possible

Moderator's note:

Moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Can I check what it is you are trying to do, and which username and password you are trying?

Are you:

• trying to connect to wifi on your router?  If this is the case then you need to connect to the "PLUSNET-xxxx" wifi and use the password on the top right of the label on the back of your hub one
  • log in to the control panel of your router?  If so you use the username admin and the password on the bottom right of the label on the back of your hub one
  • connect your router to the internet?  If so your username id the one you entered when you signed up for Plusnet followed by @plusdsl.net and the password is the one you entered whilst signing up

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

angellopez

Hi! Thanks for answering.
The engineer installed me my line yesterday and told me that wait until today to connect. This morning I tried to connect to the WiFi for the first time and appears a message in my mobile phone saying " You need logging to use this WiFi". So I press ok and appear the main screen of my hub asking me my user of Plusnet. I wrote my user but the hub told me that the user was wrong.

I can press reset and the hub logging with an user call setup@plusnet but there is no internet.
So I think that the last step It is what fail.
If you need more information just ask.
Thanks!
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

BROADBAND ACTIVATION:

You need to wait for an e mail from PN confirming BB is live; it can be anytime until midnight of day advised.

Easier to resolve if you use someting other than a mobile to establish log in.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

OK if you try the connection this should be working now for you as I have activated the service for you. Can you check this and let me know how you get on.

angellopez

Thanks a lot! Now it is working fine Smiley
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problems, just let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance just get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help - Ben