Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre wont work after activation

Portishead200
Grafter

Fibre wont work after activation

Hi.
I had an email from plusnet this morning to say my fibre order was now complete and active. However 8 hours later I still get my usual 2mb dl speed. I don't have any super fast at all........lol. Nothing happened.
Any ideas.
10 REPLIES 10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Fibre wont work after activation

Upgrade can happen anytime up to midnight although normally done during engineers working day. Use this checker and see if there is an open order for your line with a completion date https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Portishead200
Grafter

I don't understand. That makes no sense.
Which also makes the email I received at 1am this morning a bit of a fabrication.

It says and it's pretty black and white to me -
"Your product change is now complete, here are the details:" etc etc
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

I had an e-mail like that which said my product change is now complete when I upgraded to FTTC, It actually meant my account type had changed to Fibre from ADSL purely for administration and billing purposes. My actual upgrade was completed I think about 19 weeks later after problems with the fibre connections at the exchange were fixed. Hope you don't have to wait that long.Smiley Did you try the BT checker, in may confirm there is an order in progress.

Portishead200
Grafter

Yes I have checked the btchecker. Just says an order is due to complete today.
The email was totally pointless. Why not send it out the day after it has been connected up. Imagine the amount of emails, phone calls and frustration it would save.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

Well that's good news that you have an order in progress, I agree the email is confusing and has been mentioned before on the forum that it causes extra work for support but nothing has been done about it.

Portishead200
Grafter

The most confusing part is that the hub sent to me must also run adsl as well. Some kind of dual hub I guess.. So when it starts up you assume it's running On fibre but it's actually not.
Oh well.
I should imagine it generates a lot of work. Let's stop that right now Smiley !!!!!
G3WYP
Rising Star

I had to turn the router off and then back on when I migrated. Worth a try.

Derek

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

Well that's good news that you have an order in progress, I agree the email is confusing and has been mentioned before on the forum that it causes extra work for support but nothing has been done about it.

This particular problem is on the (long) list of things raised by the SU group.  We see this as "Quick win" to improve customer satisfaction AND reduce uneeded support calls.  Some optimism on this being progressed.  Time will tell Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Portishead200
Grafter

It did come on at about 7pm. All good
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry about the delayed staff response, I'm happy to hear your fibre has activated.

The comms could be a bit better and it's something we've fed back on internally.

Let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet