cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

graebob

Fibre upgrade

Interesting, seems to be a bit of theme here... Wish I'd read the forums first.

Ordered an upgrade to Fibre on my account a couple of weeks ago. Payment was taken for the router and direct debit was updated. However, I heard nothing since, and the status of the order was stuck at "pending" under "Account Details" in the portal. I contacted support, who put a ticket on the system saying Openreach weren't going to be in the area for 4 weeks (!), not in Plusnet's control but a little frustrating. However, I have not received my router yet. I replied to the ticket but as yet have had no response.

So I suppose 2 questions;

1) When should I expect my router that I paid for to appear

2) Why isn't there a nicer system for tracking order progress? I only need something to say "Chill out, everythings fine" but without that it's very easy to get tetchy - Plusnet are going to/have already taken my money, but I may end up without service if items aren't lined up correctly.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre upgrade

Hi there,

@graebob wrote:

1) When should I expect my router that I paid for to appear

We'd automatically send the router 48 hours before your activation date. But I've just done that for you manually so you should receive it shortly.

@graebob wrote:

2) Why isn't there a nicer system for tracking order progress? I only need something to say "Chill out, everythings fine" but without that it's very easy to get tetchy - Plusnet are going to/have already taken my money, but I may end up without service if items aren't lined up correctly.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass that on.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet