Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre upgrade

@Gandalf  Welcome back from your holiday. Angel  Can you pick this topic up please.

Thanks Maurice, and way ahead of you:

Thanks MauriceC, not sure if coincidence but I've since heard back on my support ticket and have an engineer appointment booked for tomorrow... Will see how that goes!

Let us know how it goes @jgfry

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgfry
Dabbler

@Gandalf Thanks Anoush for getting the engineer booked so soon after picking this up.

Turns out that the connection in the cabinet was wired up to completely the wrong point (layman explanation from engineer!) and therefore once the switch-over completed, we were left with no service. That's been rectified and I'm happy to say the router has a nice blue light on and the internet is working.

That being said, speed tests are coming in at around the 9/10mbps mark which, whilst faster than our old ADSL connection, isn't anywhere near the guaranteed minimum speed of 34mbps that was quoted upon sign up. How long do I need to give it to propagate/settle down before raising it as a potential issue?!

Thanks
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

FTTC does not have a training or settling period despite what BT and ISPs tell you, it should be working at full speed straight away. It could be the PlusNet profile that needs to be updated but PlusNet say with the recent network changes that only affects some customers such as if you have paid for a static IP address. So if no speedy response from Gandalf/Anoush you need to get on to customer service and tell them about your low speed.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@jgfry

All looking good now? I can see that we should have sorted this out for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jgfry
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, seems to be going well so far!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear it!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet