Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade

jgfry
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade

Hello,

On 1st Sept I upgraded from standard BB to fibre and was told on the phone that the switch would be on the 8th Sept. My Hub One router has arrived and all seemed set. I got an update on the support ticket a few days back to say it was all planned for the 8th. Unfortunately yesterday came and went and nothing has happened. No text or email and my line speed remains at 7mbps.

I've had a look through the closed support tickets on my account and there's several internal service notices, one says the change cannot take place as a 21CN modify request is already in place. But then another ticket says that it has been processed and will go through on the 11th Sept. The fibre order is showing as pending in my account with a date of 01/01/1970. From looking through the forum, several other posters have had the same issue and been directed to the BT DSL checker site, which shows an order open on my line due to complete on the 26th Sept. We had an openreach engineer working on the pole outside our house the other day which I presumed was them enabling the service.

Please could someone let me know the correct date that I can expect the fibre to go live? I don't mind waiting but it would be nice to know so that I can monitor it. I am concerned that if it doesn't get activated until the 26th then I will be well outside of the 14 day cancellation and 'minimum speed' guarantee - not to mention I will have paid for a whole month of fibre which hasn't been activated! If it isnt due until the 26th then why was I told the 8th? That seems a big discrepancy in time.

As an aside, in our old house we upgraded from Plusnet standard to fibre and had an engineer come out and fit a whole new socket and had two routers. We later moved house to a non-fibre area and switched back to standard BB. Now we are fibre enabled again but this time no engineer visit has been booked. Is this correct? My account is showing the two standard BB contracts and then the two fibre upgrades. Most of them are now 'written off and the latest fibre order is 'pending'. I suspect this may have been the cause for the '21CN modify cannot progress' message previously?

Sorry for the long post, hope it makes sense!
20 REPLIES 20
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre upgrade

Sorry for any confusion caused.

The work is done externally now so they don't need to access the property.

If you can PM me your username I can confirm the date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jgfry
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew, have PM'd you
jgfry
Dabbler

Hello, a gentle bump to this thread if I may.

Unfortunately I did not get a response to my PM. I got an email yesterday saying the switch was complete and my service was ready. My new router is installed but no change in speed today. Everything is showing in my account as active and set up.

Could someone at Plusnet take a look for me please?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delayed response.

I'll update your account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jgfry
Dabbler

Hello,

So I have remained on ADSL until yesterday with no issues despite my service switch-over on the 11th. I've been waiting until the 26th for the Openreach engineer to do their bits. My service seems to have been switched by Openreach yesterday as planned as at around 5.30pm my hub light went Orange and kept dropping out for an hour or so, which I figured was them working on it. The 'open order' on the dslchecker website has now gone so I presume they have finished their work.

Unfortunately it has now been a solid Orange since around 7pm and the internet is completely down. I have reset the router multiple times and even left it unplugged for 45 mins with no change. It was working perfectly (albeit on ADSL) up until yesterday so I don't think it's a router or wiring issue. I am plugged into the main socket.

I have tried to log in to the router admin but can't access the internet settings as it just says 'PPP connecting" with a spinning wheel.

Can someone have a look please? I was initially told the 8th, then 11th and now 26th Sept for the changeover, but it still is not working.

Thanks in advance
jgfry
Dabbler

I'm disappointed this has not had a response. I have also replied to my support ticket from the initial upgrade, but got a reply back with a video link asking me to check my micofilters and ensure my router is plugged in.... I appreciate this is probably a first-contact response from the customer services, but still doesn't really help.

My router is still unable to connect and we've had no internet for 2 days since the changeover by openreach. As I understand it, the PPP connection relates to the cabinet communicating with the exchange? Is it likely Openreach have muddled up my wiring in the cabinet?

Also my router ADSL status is only showing 10mbps downstream... is it possible my account hasn't actually been switched to fibre by plus net?

Got to admit I'm frustrated by this. The upgrade was organised on 1st Sept, and has been pushed back from the 8th to the 11th and then to the 26th and here we are with it still not working nearly a month down the line. It was okay that I was still on my old ADSL connection whilst we waited but no I have no connection whatsoever! I'm not normally a whinger but it's getting to the point where I don't feel like I'm getting any meaningful response from Plusnet.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Which router do you have?

What are your expected speeds on the DSL Checker?

Can you post the results of the Help Desk page on the router, making sure you hide any sensitive info such as username and password?

jgfry
Dabbler

Hi Mustrum, Thanks for the reply.

We're using the Plusnet hub one. Attached are screenshots for the DSL checker and for the router helpdesk page.

Thanks
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Unfortunately your router stats show you are still on ADSL2+ (G992.5) so it would appear that BT openreach have messed up the changeover to fibre. You need to get on to customer services tomorrow, responses from staff on the forum are very scarce at the moment.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@jgfry The good news is that when it happens you should get some very good speeds.

However, line 25 on the second pic shows that you are not yet on VDSL/FTTC.

jgfry
Dabbler

Thank you both for your quick replies, especially given the time of night! I will see what customer services say. Thanks again
jgfry
Dabbler

I've still had no reply from Plusnet on either my original support ticket (#157692354) or the fault I raised on Friday (#158762721). We've had no internet and no communication whatsoever since the 26th Sept, which I find is totally unacceptable, what have you got to do in order to get a response?!

@MatthewWheeler you previously helped me in this thread, could you have a look for me please?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf  Welcome back from your holiday. Angel  Can you pick this topic up please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgfry
Dabbler

Thanks MauriceC, not sure if coincidence but I've since heard back on my support ticket and have an engineer appointment booked for tomorrow... Will see how that goes!