cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade order. No router arrived

Andyl1
Hooked

Fibre upgrade order. No router arrived

Hi. I placed an order to upgrade to fibre from broadband and was told this would happen on 24/7. To date I've had no other communication at all and no new router has arrived either. Strangely I also received a suspect phone call on 24/7 saying my Internet connection would be off for a time and I needed to "press 1" for info. Having checked the number out it seems a hoax but it did seem a strange coincidence to happen on the same day as my upgrade should have occurred.
3 REPLIES 3
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Fibre upgrade order. No router arrived

A couple of points to note

Should you have a phone call from Plusnet the person phoning will identify themselves. In order for them to ring you then you must have selected phone in your communication preferences in the members centre. It is normal for them to send an email first to get your authority for the call to be made.

Plusnet will never ask you to press 1 or any other key to continue the call.

In the scam call you received you would have been told that either it was BT or your internet provider calling. They have no idea who is supplying your service so they  take a guess or try to bluff it out.

Andyl1
Hooked

Thanks for that. It was an automated message but in the main i thought it was very odd that it happened on same day as my upgrade given I've never had any calls in the past on that subject
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@Andyl1 

No problem. There is a lot of useful information on the forum regarding these sort of calls. It is well worth a search and an in depth read.