cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade not activated, flashing orange light.

FIXED
cabledd

Fibre upgrade not activated, flashing orange light.

Hi. I recently upgraded to fibre from standard ADSL broadband. Activation date was the 20th of April 2020 but the Open-reach engineer didn’t make the switch at the cabinet until the 21st of April. Since then I have no connection with a flashing orange light on my router.

I have tried all of the usual fault finding methods to no avail. I imagine my service has not actually been activated on Plusnet’s side and needs to be pushed through. I am, however, completely unable to get through via phone or twitter and live chat is currently down.

I am a web designer by trade and I live rurally so am contending with some extremely spotty 4G and very limited internet access. I really hope you can help.

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Fibre upgrade not activated, flashing orange light.

Fix

Hi @cabledd I am sorry for the issues you're having.

It looks like your connection has just returned a few minutes ago. If you have any further issues and have completed the troubleshooting and are connected to the test socket, you can log a fault to us here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cabledd

Re: Fibre upgrade not activated, flashing orange light.

Hi. Yes an open reach engineer was called out to the cabinet and appears to have fixed the issue. Running a lot slower than my minimum guaranteed speed at the moment but I will keep an eye and log a fault through the necessary channels if required. Thanks.