cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade is happening today and not received a router

boblothian1

Fibre upgrade is happening today and not received a router

I upgraded to fibre last week and it was due to commence today, however, I have been billed for my previous plan amount today and have not received a new router, which I was told would be arriving. I cannot check to see if I have successfully changed the plan as it says there is a change pending on my account. Can someone look into this for me?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Fibre upgrade is happening today and not received a router

I upgraded to fibre last week and it was due to commence today

The date you are given initially is the earliest possible date. Its probably been pushed back from that date due to Openreach engineer availability to make the change in the local cabinet. The automated system doesnt always spot the change in date and inform the customer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

boblothian1

Nowhere in this confirmation email does it state that today is the earliest possible date, in fact, it says quite explicitly that the change is happening today. If this is the case I would strongly recommend changing the wording of your confirmation email. I've also not had any word on a delay to the service starting. plusnet.jpg

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @boblothian1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you've not received your new router or haven't had an update on your fibre order.

I can see we haven't yet dispatched the router as the order's delayed to the 25th due to engineer availability.

I've manually ordered the router now and we'll put it in the post as soon as we can. 

Let us know how things go on Thursday, it may take up to midnight for your fibre to go live.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
boblothian1

Thanks for looking into this for me and ordering a router. If I have any issues I’ll let you know.

Thanks again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @boblothian1

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet