cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade headache

skip

Fibre upgrade headache

I'm at 37 tickets now, all relating to my (stupid?) request to transfer line rental from BT to PN, and upgrade from Plusnet ADSL to fibre (my area was recently upgraded). What a complete balls up its been. I've read threads here that show similar or worse issues to mine...repeat order cancellations and subsequent restarts etc etc and it would be fair to assume most of the issues are caused by BTw being pedantic and bloody minded because they dont want the competition . But theres other stuff underlying this which leads me to wonder about PN.....for instance it wasnt until I questioned them about why my line port required me to need a new phone number (according to PN) that all of a sudden that order was scrapped because I could indeed retain my old one. Or why an analyst trying to restart my fouled up order (for the umpteenth time) was having a nightmare because she was trying to get me ADSL (I already have PN ADSL thanks, I'm trying to get fibre....try ordering that instead!). Even more annoying is that tickets I've made queries on are closed without replying, and new ones are opened, then one analyst saying they'll take one sort of action, only for another to do something else. I'm at a loss as to what the underlying isdue is, because no one will tell me or answer the (ignorant?) Questions I pose. I got desperate and phoned...."we have it sorted now" ..... can I have a commencement date? ... "I cant tell you that, you'll be told in 48 hours" - nope, just another cancellation and another ticket opened.
4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Fibre upgrade headache

Thank you for your post @skip ,

I would like to apologise for the extensive issues there have been with your orders. I can confirm as of yesterday we have an order in place for both the phone and broadband and we are currently waiting on our suppliers to commit to this order.

I can only apologise for the fact your tickets are getting closed with no reply, I will ensure this is passed on to the relevant agents and any further tickets that are created will be responded to.

As soon as we have notification of the activation date for the new orders we have in place we will be back in contact

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Just following up on this for you @skip I would like to sincerely apologise for the delays you've encountered with getting your fibre upgrade and line transferred to Plusnet.

I've reviewed your account and contacted our suppliers in regards to this, you can view the ticket here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience, I've contacted our suppliers today and I've been advised that your order has been built on all their systems and we should receive confirmation by tomorrow of the date this will complete.

We'll keep you updated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience, I can now confirm your order is in progress for the 12th June.

I'll update your ticket on your account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet